Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
joanneseo
Style_council
joanneseo

Soooo, my college sadly does not have a Fashion Club yet and I want to start one this year. My school is more premed, and business major dominant that I would love to share a taste of something different like Fashion with the school by starting this club. Because this is the first club I’m anticipating to establish, I feel like I’m going to need advices, tips and suggestions to start a club that will be successful. I know a lot of you guys go to Fashion schools, or have experiences with clubs like this. It’ll be really great if you guys can just post some of the activities you did, how to set up a fashion show, fundraising, even the basic stuff like how many times you guys met, if there was club fees, etc!
Thank you so much, loves! :)

posted about 4 years ago
JasmnLmprt
Style_council
JasmnLmprt

He have a fashion club @ my college. It was reallyy disappointing actually. We didn’t do anything, didn’t even talk about the lastest trends, fashion news, ect.
And all the people who were in it, just talked to one another, and did not want to make trips or anything.

The school gave us money, and every other club.Which we could have gone to NYC or something, but didn’t.

Hope all goes well for you dead :P

posted about 4 years ago

joanneseo
Style_council
joanneseo

Oh damn.. That sucks :l So you guys didnt have to pay to join the club?

posted about 4 years ago

boredstephanie
Style_council
boredstephanie

hm I never started a club before but I think one good thing to do would be to hook in some freshies during the beginning of the year. Freshmen are usually looking for things around college they can get involved in and have no previous commitments so it should be easier to get them to join. You can make announcements about the club during freshmen orientation and set up info booths during info fairs. Also, make your club exciting by planning out trips and maybe arranging for guest speakers to come in^^

posted about 4 years ago

joanneseo
Style_council
joanneseo

Haha I’m a freshmen thats starting the club so Im gonna need a lot of helpp. And yeah, I’m gonna try to contact them but Idk if they’ll accept since we’re in college already :x

posted about 4 years ago

joanneseo
Style_council
joanneseo

Anyone else have any experience in fashion club? I wanna know anything; how many times you met in the club to what the officers did, what you guys did every meeting and such.

posted about 4 years ago

Reybeltane
Style_council
Reybeltane

that would be pretty awesome if you could get some fashion field trips going. (and I don’t just mean shopping, but that would be cool too)

posted about 4 years ago

SkinnyStyle
Style_council
SkinnyStyle

it really depends on what consider fashion or is just an art?

posted about 4 years ago

joanneseo
Style_council
joanneseo

What I have in my mind of fashion club is having an every week meeting discussing whats new in the fashion world these days, trends, fashion week, whats new, to like having someone whose experienced come in to talk about how they became a stylist, or a designer, etc. And of course we want to have a fashion show once or twice a year. I was wondering if there was more that any other schools did, any activities, if you guys were able to get hook ups to go to fashion shows or at least volunteer for them, stuff like that.

posted about 4 years ago

joanneseo
Style_council
joanneseo

Noone else? I really need helpp. :(

posted about 4 years ago

contemporarity
Style_council
contemporarity

My experience is that there is a lot of bureaucracy involved in initiating an official club on campus. At my school, it’s called “Center for Student Involvement” and “Student Activities Board” and all that nonsense. You’ll have to get things approved, like a budget, a general idea of what your club stands for / wants to do, basic bullshit.

Or you can be super cool and underground and do it the grassroots way without school approval and post your fliers in places where people will see them but they won’t get torn down by the authority. Make a zine. Have a cool meeting spot. Utilize the internet.

posted about 4 years ago

pandaphilia
Style_council
pandaphilia

That’s really neat. We definitely don’t have a fashion club because my school is very very premed. You get weird stares even if you dress up for class. Good luck!

You should definitely apply for a budget from Student Union or any other student treasuries. Try to establish a PR team but budget is definitely most important. Try to find an activities advisor too

posted about 4 years ago

Camor
New_user Camor is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When Camor reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
Camor

I’ve always wanted to start a fashion club. I belong to a social business club that I love going to. The organizer uses this site called http://www.whoozin.com to send out the invites to the members for the next meet. You should try it when you get a club going. It’s free too…

posted over 1 year ago

aalia77
New_user aalia77 is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When aalia77 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
aalia77

I like to functions , any event , any tournament . I’m so excited when the function started in mu college or school .

posted over 1 year ago

flockingowls
Style_council
flockingowls

get some friends to do it with you!! people will feel better about joining if they know that a few people are already in it. good luck!

posted over 1 year ago

tightsandtea
Style_council
tightsandtea

you should start a print/online fashion magazine at your campus :). you could include street style photos of students, and conduct interviews. I’m sure local establishments could pay for the zine through advertisements.

posted over 1 year ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION