Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
LittleBee
Forum_moderator
LittleBee

Would you ever change your look for the guy you liked? Say you liked a guy who really liked sporty girls, would you change your whole style to impress him?

posted almost 2 years ago
RichRoberts
New_user RichRoberts is new to Chictopia!

Make Him Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote his photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on his photos

When RichRoberts reaches 200 Chic Points, he will be in the Style Council!
RichRoberts

yeah. i think so, sporty is good, and why don’t you give it a try. u never know which style suits u best. it is for him and for u to discover urself

pupuren
Style_council
pupuren

It depends. If hanging around a person opens my eyes to changing my lifestyle, it might change my look. However, I wouldn’t necessarily change my look solely for the sake of attracting one guy’s attention. Then again, I’ve never actually put BGRs as a high priority in my life; finding and dressing for myself, and expressing my individuality was. ^^

HauteandComely
Style_council
HauteandComely

if a guyloves you he would luv u for who u are ad that includes your style.(unless of course ur look is a breech of the law)what happens if it doest workout?would you keep changing yourself for each guy that comes your way?

lindajudour
Style_council
lindajudour

I agree with HauteandComely, but I would change my look a bit if he preferred it a different way because what if I liked a style that he didn’t have but adored him for who he is? But I wouldn’t change my whole look because that would defeat the purpose of who I am.

robin77
Style_council
robin77

NO!

debiparna_c
Style_council
debiparna_c

nope.your style is a reflection of who you are and things you like.if he likes you he like the whole of you and if you guys have differing tastes and opinions about even personal style then cool.respecting differences is more important than changing them for the sake of another person.

anyelina
Style_council
anyelina

No !… Simple as that .

tova
Style_council
tova

it’s one thing to change your style because a guy has broadened your interests & your style has changed to reflect that, but if you change your style simply because you think he likes that kind of look, you’re likely to lose his interest anyway. why? because you won’t be being you. style is about confidence and comfort. style is personal and shouldn’t be dictated by anyone elses interests other than your own!

so, to respond, nope! i wouldn’t change my style for anyone but me. :)

FakeBlikeu
Style_council
FakeBlikeu

Maybe…

loveonthebackseat
Style_council
loveonthebac...

I don’t think so… that would be like lying to myself..

LD_P
Style_council
LD_P

No – if you want someone to like you for who you are, then you need to be who you are! And if you don’t want them to like you for who you are, then what’s the point?

Yumi_Kaeko
Style_council
Yumi_Kaeko

No. I’d want him to like me for who I am, and not who I pretend to be

AksharTroublesome
Style_council
AksharTroubl...

i would advise against it. guys might find it weak sometimes.
however, if he’s always dressed to impress and you always wear sport shoes or any other style that doesn’t match, or if you go out to a place where your clothes don’t really fit, on a regular basis, then you should consider it. it also depends on his reaction: if he says he’s cool with it, then don’t, but if he seems bothered, he might hint to it, one way or another.
of course, this stands for the guys as well, for them changing their clothes style for (because of) a girl..

theiconiccat
Style_council
theiconiccat

no!ofcourse no!

hanichu28
Style_council
hanichu28

I believe it’s okay to an extent. I mean if you’re just trying a different style of clothes that’s one thing, but if you start to change you’re personality and loose sight of who you are, then it’s a problem. But if you want an honest and true relationship, be real and let him get to know the real you! :)

BrunetteJJ
Style_council
BrunetteJJ

To be honest, I’m always up to changing my style but for a guy in the situation you’re describing, ermm not a chance.

REPLY TO DISCUSSION