Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
elizabethmd
Style_council
elizabethmd

I’m very short (five feet and one quarter inch to be exact) and over the years I’ve found ways to compliment my size. Probably the best trend I’ve gotten into was high waisted skirts that hit several inches above the knee. Also, long vertical lines that distract the eye. But I’m curious, what have you guys found that compliment your guy’s height, short or tall?

posted almost 5 years ago
PeachyPanda
Style_council
PeachyPanda

I’m 5 ft exactly and like you I’ve found that above the knee skirts are a must. I also like to wear cropped/shrunken blazers.

ClothesHorse
Style_icon
ClothesHorse

I’m in the same boat! I’ve gotten so hooked on minis because of it.
Also, monochrome—matching my shoes and tights to lengthen the line of the leg.

SpammishRice
Style_council
SpammishRice

I’m 5’0" as well, but really curvy. Best tip I’d ever gotten was, “Dress close to the body” — that way, I don’t lose my shape on my already limited frame. Nothing’s more flattering than a well-fitting outfit.

Catherinee
Style_council
Catherinee

Short lengths. Absolutely nothing below the knee.

And I find that something a little looser on top while keeping the bottom tight works really well on me… and on everyone, basically haha.

New_user 32348 is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When 32348 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!

i agree with everyone else. i’m pretty short, so i love above the knee dresses, cropped jackets, quarter sleeve tops, braided belts, ankle length pants (for me, they’re regular pants), skinny jeans, short shorts, and pointed shoes.

preppymeister
Style_council
preppymeister

I go for short shorts, heels (wedges if I don’t feel like killing my feet much :P) and above-the-knee length dresses indeed. :)

REPLY TO DISCUSSION