Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
Rubyonfire
Style_council
Rubyonfire

I need to wear flats at work! Cause we are on our feet all the time. I got a way with it by tugging my skinny jeans into my boots for winter. But spring is coming and will be moving to ballet flats with thighs or stockings.

My legs are curvy, heavy and short. Any tips on how I can elongate them in ballet flats?

posted almost 4 years ago
katiemd
Style_council
katiemd

Maybe you can find some pointed toe flats. Or you can get shoes with like a one inch heel so they aren’t really flat but not uncomfortabley high :)

cakewithlegs
Style_council
cakewithlegs

hmm, i feel like i’ve never had a problem wearing flats and i’m 5’1"…but i agree with the above. perhaps wearing short skirts/shorts would also work? or even black flats?

boredstephanie
Style_council
boredstephanie

hm wearing short skirts and such and showing more leg would help elongate them but that may not be so appropriate for work.

Rubyonfire
Style_council
Rubyonfire

Thanks for the ideas. I haven’t actually tried skin coloured ones before!

coldlight
Style_council
coldlight

I think ballet flats already elongate your legs, as the vamp is furthest away from your ankle! Stay away from flats like mary janes and ones with straps around the ankle as they will cut your leg off. Even types of shoes like gladiator sandals can shorten the look of your legs. Like others have said, shoes with a pointy toe and light coloured/ nude shoes can lengthen the look of your legs if you’re bare legged. Otherwise, try wearing black tights! :)

shopvelvetpony
Style_council
shopvelvetpony

i have that same problem i have short stubby legs! i love to wear heels that elongate, but sometimes the situation calls for flats. Try wearing nude flats, which will give the illusion of more skin, thus making your legs appear longer :)

artyaffair
Style_council
artyaffair

nude-colored and sharper-pointed shoes! go for diagonal details rather than horizontal ones!

love,
http://artyaffair.blogspot.com

Rubyonfire
Style_council
Rubyonfire

Oh no, I just bought a pair of flats with some ankle detail, like an anklet built into them. They were so nice, but I do realize that my legs do look tad shorter than it use to!

bigships
Style_council
bigships

I have the same problem- short, stubby legs ;) what about wedges? I could stand in a pair of wedges all day.

JamieRose
Style_council
JamieRose

Pointed flats! They’re amazing and I never feel like they shorten my legs

alinaceusan
Style_icon
alinaceusan

wedges are really the solution!

FlossyBri012
Style_council
FlossyBri012

flats with a little heel

MiuSan
Style_council
MiuSan

1. More open flats, meaning no ankle strap and maybe open toe.

2. Tip with some interest to them, not so rounded at the toes. A bow is quite fashionable now as an accent.

3. Interestingly enough, if you pick a flat with a hard sole the sound of the shoe makes it more of a heeled shoe, and therefore makes women feel longer =D

4. Seamed stockings, oh yes.

5. With your legs I would pick skirts that hit above the knee rather than below.

6. Bright colours in the shoes also control the eye to look at the feet rather than concentrating on the heavier parts.

So here we go, 6 quick tips from me ^^

msestvanko
Style_council
msestvanko

Is it required that you have to wear flats? If not you should try kitten heels. They only about an inch or two high, so not a lot of pressure on your heels. They will will give you a little bit of height, and Kitten Heels are very in this season.

amoebaeinwedges
Style_council
amoebaeinwedges

1. pointed tip flats
2. straighter cut skirts

maanbee
Style_council
maanbee

kitten heel
pointed toe flats
dark tights (better with vertical stripes!)

TupacTupacxo
Style_council
TupacTupacxo

tights, but kitten heels would be better :)

ParisInPink
Style_council
ParisInPink

nude flats and cute socks. think high waisted skirt to elongate the legs

REPLY TO DISCUSSION