Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
girlwithpaper
Style_council
girlwithpaper

Hey I’m an avid looker of photos posted on chictopia and various sites/blogs. I’ve always wanted to start taking daily style journal photos. However my camera is not the greatest. Just a regular point-and-shoot samsung. I was wondering…

Just how do you guys take your pictures? It never seems to turn out that great, and I don’t see anyone consistently enough for them to take the daily photos either. So what do you guys do? Or does everyone have someone to shoot them?

posted almost 4 years ago
Korshunova
Style_council
Korshunova

I f***ed up my friends asking them to take a pic of me)))) But I’m not ashamed because lately my friend also signed up on Chictopia!!!!

perfectlyindecisive
Style_council
perfectlyind...

I have a remote and a tripod so i set the camera up on that. Mine is just a wee point and shoot, but still takes okay photos!

EveyHoneysuckle
Style_council
EveyHoneysuckle

I take self photos. It takes FOREVER though to get a good picture for me. XD I have a really sensitive camera and if there’s just a BIT too much light, I get whited out and if its just a BIT too dark, I’m a blurry shadow. My main problem is “focusing.” I have to hold down the “picture taking button” (idk camera terms) and hold it until the lens refocus on what’s in front of it, otherwise, BLUR CITY.

I wish I could ask friends to take pictures, but I can’t. It’s awkward haha.

magali
Style_council
magali

I have a dSLR, but it’s too big to go on my tripod, so I just use my kodak point & shoot on a tripod with a self-timer. It takes forever to get it how I want it!

Reybeltane
Style_council
Reybeltane

I have a DSLR and I use my kitchen stool as a tripod and hope my neighbors don’t see me posing in our small backyard. hehe. the worst is making sure you leave enough time to take pictures BEFORE you leave the house for the day, or else by the time you get back you’re either exhausted with not so fresh hair and makeup or it’s too dark. :-(

girlwithpaper
Style_council
girlwithpaper

I live in an apartment = no lighting… ever… EVER

I’m thinking maybe I should take my camera and when I leave the building I should run to the flower pots and self-timer myself some pictures? >_<

sleeponthefloor
Style_council
sleeponthefloor

I’ve been experimenting lately with using my mantle place over the fire or book shelves to try and get the camera at the right height. I should just give it up and get a tripod!

artyaffair
Style_council
artyaffair

im using a point and shoot too! kinda lousy but i cant afford a dslr ): i used to use a high stool to place my point and shoot but i just got a tripod for my bday gift this year so its a lot easier now :)

coldlight
Style_council
coldlight

I think it’s easier when some one takes your photos for you, I try and get my yonger sister to take my photos. But sometimes I have to use the self timer and it sucks!! you have to keep running backwards and forwards, and even when i’m using my dslr i can’t focus properly and the photos turn out blurry :( I think regular point and shoot camera work well enough though, especially if you take the pics in good light, and you can always edit them a bit :)

MurasakiNeko
Style_council
MurasakiNeko

I don’t have anyone around to take photos of me (I live by myself, I don’t see friends everyday, and I’m not about to start asking people at work!), so I always take them myself.

I use the self-timer on my regular point-and-shoot camera. I used to just prop up the camera on random objects, but a couple months ago I invested in a small portable tripod called a “gorillapod”— it has adjustable bendy legs so I can prop it on uneven surfaces or even hook it to a tree or fence. My pictures still aren’t fantastic (and it often takes me many tries to get a good shot), but I think the gorillapod gives me more options to find good lighting/background than I did before.

Though, btw, taking pictures by yourself outdoors will never not be awkward! I don’t think there’s any getting over that, unless you either always take them inside or have a really private yard.

isabellamaria
Style_council
isabellamaria

i hate having to get someone to, but i asked my boyfriend, think he was a bit fed up with how many he has to take before i like one though! haha x

changology
Style_council
changology

when i had my dslr (it was stolen at a house show), i would always have my siblings photograph me or a friend.

mystery
Style_council
mystery

I have a tripod. And self-portrait is the better thing to do. The only way to express yourself, and have the photos you want to. You should selfportraiting!

For my photos on chictopia, or other websites this kind, i take pictures by myself. But selfportrait particulary interest me, as a work on myself. So, not only about fashion, but about my identity. You wan see my work on my blog, just click to Abbesses

anniehall
Style_council
anniehall

i was borrowing my parents tripod but then i moved..and im too embarrased to ask my fiance cuz he would make fun of me…thats why i havnt posted any photos in forever..not that i havnt bought plenty of new clothes to show off!

browneyes
Style_council
browneyes

Sadly i can’t take pictures of myself, i don’t have a tripod or good lighting in my house :(

disfordiamonds
Style_council
disfordiamonds

I have the same problem, I’m always embarrassed to ask people when I’m out, umm excuse me can you please take a pic I need it for chictopia, lol
My boyfriend never takes a good pic for some reason there blurry or way off to one side. I think he does it so I won’t bug him with it! =]
I rarely post up pics for that reason, but I will find a way or stop being embarrassed and ask someone when I am out!

disfordiamonds
Style_council
disfordiamonds

oh I forgot I’ve resorted to My little sis she doesn’t seem to mind, I love her! =]

candy_ytal
Style_council
candy_ytal

I wanted someone to take a picture of me for my chictopia or for my blog itself but sometimes it feels so awkward to approach a stranger just for them to take a picture of you. Sometimes, I tell my boyfriend and he just laughs at me.

kia
Style_council
kia

I use the self timer and take 10 pics of myself at a time. Usually the first 5 are me running out to get to the camera xD My camera is just awful though…

I found a electric box or something on the side of my house recently, and i set my camera on it. Now I can take outdoor pictures where the lighting is much better than indoors!

REPLY TO DISCUSSION