Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
catiebeatty
Forum_moderator
catiebeatty

Have you ever had roommates? Did you get a long or was it miserable?

I’ve only had one roommate and, even though we got a long, she was a huge slob! Thank goodness I liked her and she was rarely home!

posted about 2 years ago
mercik
Style_council
mercik

I’ve had several roomates through out my life.
I miss one in particular.
Roxanne.
We shared a lot.
And I have no idea where she is these days.
:(

posted about 2 years ago

camerakind
Style_council
camerakind

freshman year-we never spoke
sophmore year-she was freakin awesome. had a few meltdowns w her but it was ok
junior year-w her again :)
senior year- her and 3 of our friends. she didn’t like my bf so she stopped talking to me. her and another roommate got in a physical fight, they stopped talking as well

SO MUCH TENSION and DRAMA lol. she was childish so i’m ok losing her as a friend. that’s the thing w roommates, they can get personal and want to meddle into your life

posted about 2 years ago

wavytransition
Style_council
wavytransition

Several, unfortunately. Most of them I got along with and a few of us are still friends to this day. I only had arguments with two of my roommates. One was messy and the other stole from me. Overall, I have had good roommate experiences. I only had negative experiences with 2/14 of them.

posted about 2 years ago

kimicub21
Style_council
kimicub21

I’ve had a number of roommates, all with varying results.

Freshman year – barely spoke unless one of us forgot the key
Sophomore year (1) – There were 6 of us. One was always yelling at her boyfriend over the phone, two of them were obnoxious, one was pretty quiet (then again, she was also engaged and pregnant), and the other one was my best friend. Needless to say, my bestie and I moved out within three weeks
Sophomore year (2) – absolutely loved this girl. went to high school with her, but we didn’t start talking until we became roommates by force.
Year off – Loved both girls, one of them being my best friend since I was 13. The other one? Definitely some ups and downs.
Junior year, I’ll still be living with my best friend. We’re getting a new addition in the form of a co-worker though.

posted about 2 years ago

thelovehanger
Style_council
thelovehanger

Yes, I’ve had roommates. The first time I lived with other people was in college and we lived in an 8 person dorm. It was quite chaotic in the kitchen area, but never too bad. After that I moved in with 2 girls for 2 years and it was fine the whole time. We were all very neat and respected each other’s space.

So luckily, not too much drama, but I’ve heard horror stories!

posted about 2 years ago

tightsandtea
Style_council
tightsandtea

choosing where and whom to live with was always a bigger headache, but I never really had any roommate drama—though I’ve been caught in the middle a few times.

it’s funny, the things you learn about people you think you knew well. I found out one of my closest friends at the time was terrified of the dark and highly superstitious—and I can’t sleep with any lights on haha.

posted about 2 years ago

_b0mbshell
New_user _b0mbshell is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When _b0mbshell reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
_b0mbshell

I’ve only had one roommate. She was great for carrying me back to bed & taking off my shoes on those nights when I partied a bit too hard. However, she was also a tad bit inconsiderate. I remember one night, I was cramming to get some homework done & she was on her laptop listening to music, which wouldn’t of bothered me if she had her headphones on!

posted about 2 years ago

BeckyBedbug
Style_council
BeckyBedbug

I can’t even imagine what it would be like to have a room mate.

It’s just not done at English unis and I can’t comprehend it at all. It just seems a ridiculous concept for adults. How did it even come around that college students didn’t need the most basic of privacy? Even prisoners have their own cells.

I don’t understand how the most basic of things would function. What if one was a night owl and one wakes up really early? What if one person wants to just hang out with their partner? What if one is really messy and one’s obsessively neat?

Surely everyone needs a little space of their own.

posted about 2 years ago

wavytransition
Style_council
wavytransition

@beckybedbug In the US, prisoners have cellmates as well. lol The only way to get a single dorm is to pay more or have some kind of reasonable disability. But I agree, personalities are so different, we should have our own space. At the same time, I’ve learned so much about myself from living with others. I don’t regret it.

posted about 2 years ago

deborah08
Style_council
deborah08

I’ve had a wide range of roommates – ones I liked, ones I couldn’t stand, and ones who were outright weird. But I think it depends on two peoples’ personalities and how often the two of you are home together.

posted over 1 year ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION