Twitter
Googleplus
Poete
New_user Poete is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When Poete reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
Poete

What are your thoughts on plastic surgery?
Are there some surgeries that you ‘accept’ more than others?

I’m planning on getting rhinoplasty this summer and my sister has had implants. I think that plastic surgery is fine as long as the surgery looks somewhat realistic and you don’t go overboard with too many procedures.

posted over 3 years ago
boredstephanie
Style_council
boredstephanie

I don’t like plastic surgery except in extreme cases like if someone totally ruined their face in a car accident or something. I think people should be happy with how they are. Also, there a lot of potential side effects of plastic surgery or just surgery in general so I feel like why risk it? You know breast enlargement stuff can leak out into the rest of your body? then you have to go get it fixed and its just nasty…

also since its not super socially accepted to have plastic surgery, people may form negative opinions about someone when they notice that person has had work done

posted over 3 years ago

MurasakiNeko
Style_council
MurasakiNeko

I support it no-questions-asked in the case of medical conditions (breast reduction to reduce back pain, etc), reconstructive surgery (after an accident, etc), or sexual reassignment.

But when it comes to changes that are solely appearance-based, I am more critical. As a general principle, I do not support the idea that women (or men!) must change themselves to accept themselves, especially when the changes are so painful and potentially dangerous. I support society moving in the direction of multiple ideals of beauty— beauty in all shapes and sizes, beauty in a variety of unique features— and cosmetic surgery is contrary to that mission, because it encourages people who look different and unique to look like one rigid standard of beauty.

However, society being what it is, I know that many people are happier and more confident after their surgeries— and ultimately, it’s happiness that matters. So even though I disagree with the practice itself, I don’t criticize individuals for getting work done unless they are irresponsible about the number, intensity, and safety of procedures and put themselves in danger. I just wish society would move in a direction where no one feels they have to get surgery to be happy!

posted over 3 years ago

Petrakieva
Style_council
Petrakieva

I don’t really like plastic surgery and I think it ok only in case it’s needed like after car accidents for example… Really I have some things I’d change about my body, like my hips and nose and may be after having birth my breasts, but I don’t think I’d turn to surgery://

posted over 3 years ago

lizzieluwho
Style_council
lizzieluwho

I think it’s either right or wrong for individual people. I mean when I get older I will probably get some botox. And my best friend’s mom got an amazing boob job. Haha, but I think some people get wayyy too much so they look plasticized

posted over 3 years ago

chicchica_bonita
New_user chicchica_bonita is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When chicchica_bonita reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
chicchica_bo...

i’m rather critical of it. there’s too many risks just to shell out a thousand bucks so you can fix a part of your body that there’s really nothing wrong with in the first place.

posted over 3 years ago

patlaenz
Style_council
patlaenz

I think if you are ready go for it,there s only one life

posted over 3 years ago

soupsoua
New_user soupsoua is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When soupsoua reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
soupsoua

Hmmm… If it boost up your ego and self esteem, go for it. If you’re only doing it for the sake of others… don’t. Plus, if you’re financially sound, then go for it. If not, don’t get yourself into debt.

:D

But first and foremost before anyone decides on plastic surgery, I think you need to really look at yourself, love you for who you are, and do some self discoveries before attempting to change.

posted over 3 years ago

KaylaMeow
Style_council
KaylaMeow

I think its ok. But I couldnt really accept if a person change his/her WHOLE face. If its just a nose, a mouth, or eyes, that will be okay.

posted over 3 years ago

AnindhitaRustiyan
Style_council
AnindhitaRus...

I don’t like the plastic surgery, except for the extreme cases or for your health. but if your body is OK, why should you change it? remember Heidi Montag? now she’s regreting her decision to get a lot of plastic surgery. but if you decide to get a plastic surgery, think that you really NEED it, not just WANT it. well, if you ready and you really want it, that’s your choice.

posted over 3 years ago

penelope204
Style_council
penelope204

I always consider breast enlargement but I changed my mind after all the risk if I do it. Plus it cost way too much and it doesn’t last for a lifetime. I heard about every 15 years you have to remove them and put new ones in. I wan to love my body the way it is. : )

posted over 3 years ago

alinaceusan
Style_icon
alinaceusan

i’d like a Rhinoplasty

posted over 3 years ago

gutsnglamour
Style_council
gutsnglamour

Although I look in the mirror and sometimes hate some of my features, I would never change them. God created me just the way I am. He made me an individual, If I changed that, I’d lose a part of my identity. That’s just not something I’m willing to live with.

posted over 3 years ago

rileighnuss
Style_council
rileighnuss

Nose jobs all the way!! I think everyone in life needs one. Can’t wait until I get mine :D

posted almost 2 years ago

QifeiZou
New_user QifeiZou is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When QifeiZou reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
QifeiZou

I feel that it’s a shame some girls feel pressured into having things such as boob jobs just because everyone else has one. Unless they have a proper reason I don’t really see the need, but then again nothing’s better than feeling confident in yourself and sometimes the only way girls can achieve this (which is sad but still..) is by plastic surgery. If its something thats bothered you your whole life I can understand why they’d do it.. But correcting tiny flaws can be unneccessary so going overboard with surgery is definitely a no-no as everyone has imperfections and turning yourself into a real-life Barbie isn’t right. I also think your age and income has a lot to do with it; I approve a lot more if it’s for someone older because they’re less likely to be making naive choices or rushing into anything. But I wouldn’t judge someone on the basis of surgery, I just wish it wasn’t something girls feel they had to do.

AnErin
Style_council
AnErin

If someone really needs it then it is a good choice.
If someone has it just for a bit more vanity then it just seems fake.

If I could afford certain things I might be tempted but then what about risks? It might go well at first but years down the road one could have problems. I mean this is your health we are talking about here. One should really consider if it is worth the short and long term possible risks.
Like someone mentioned about breast implants need to be replaced after about 15 years. Oh boy, more scars and nerve damage. Plus what if someone couldn’t afford it in 15 years?

Cassaela
Style_council
Cassaela

Unless you’ve been in a fire or a car accident or some horrific thing like that (basically, reconstructive surgery), I am absolutely against all plastic surgery. I think it’s really important to accept what you were born with, accept what you can’t change.

PeachyPanda
Style_council
PeachyPanda

I think it’s a personal choice and would hope that anyone who goes through with it is doing it for their sake, not for the sake of any other person.

debiparna_c
Style_council
debiparna_c

it’s a personal choice..and it is just another agency to gain agency over your own look basically..you do that with your choice of clothing and make-up as well..as long as you genuinely want to go for it and are not being pressured into it by some other people then it’s all fine.

mollyan
Style_council
mollyan

I think reconstructive surgery is okay

FakeBlikeu
Style_council
FakeBlikeu

I think plastic surgery it’s ok, as long as you don’t exagerate and become a fake barbie..

posted over 1 year ago

AllisonRyan
New_user AllisonRyan is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When AllisonRyan reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
AllisonRyan

Personally, I think to each their own. If it makes someone happy, boosts their self esteem, and/or improves their life, who am I to judge? BUT I am also open to the thought that someday I may want to have a procedure done. I used to say I would never, but now that I’ve gotten older and am thinking about having kids in the future and seeing what pregnancy and breastfeeding has done to their bodies, I can’t really say I never would anymore. I might consider one day having a tummy tuck, depending on how having kids affects my body! A lot of my friends have had some work done, but most of them are very tasteful and you can’t really tell for the most part…

posted about 1 year ago

JillianOwens
Style_council
JillianOwens

I think that, like most things in life, there are healthy aspects for plastic surgery and there are excessive applications. It’s no different than alcohol consumption – such as one glass a night or a bottle of vodka, there are differences. Something that I think MANY people forget about are all the people who have had plastic surgery and you have no idea.

A good plastic surgery procedure is one that is not noticed. When it is obvious you had work done is when it becomes a problem. Case in point, two girlfriends on mine at work have breast implants. I have been working with them for two years and just this year learned they have had breast augmentations. I never would have thought they had, because their Surgeons did a REALLY good job. I think a lot of it has to do with all the options available for breast augmentation surgery. Turns out both of the girls did not do it for Guys, dating, bikini-modeling, aspiriong acting careers or anything that surface based – they did it because they had low self-worth issues. Now they have great confidence and don’t flaunt their chests. To me that is a huge argument for it. If it makes them happy, mentally more satisfied and no longer depressed, who am I to argue that it can’t be done.

On the other side of the coin, there are those who go WAY to far. Many times these people happen to be photographed or are famous, so we see their errors forever and often. Yeah, that person has a problem, but it’s not the surgery’s fault – it is theirs. Keep in mind all the people that have had it and you have no idea about it.

Just my two cents. :)

posted about 1 year ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION