Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
2010_it_girl
Style_council
2010_it_girl

I have a question, and i just cant find the answer. So i really do have the money but wasting gas and buying stuff is just too much money. also if you do the real thing you can try on stuff in the fitting room. online you save gas. online you can get more deals and all that stuff. HELP ME YOU CHICTOPIANS :)

posted over 4 years ago
MurasakiNeko
Style_council
MurasakiNeko

All things being equal, I like shopping online. Where I grew up the good mall was so far away, I couldn’t go very often and since it was still pretty small it often didn’t have as many things in stock as on the website anyway. Plus real stores run out of your size and preferred color faster than the website does. And some stores, like some Forever 21s, are such a mess you can barely find anything. While you do have to pay for shipping, usually coupon codes and “If you buy over $75, shipping is free!” deals make up for that.

However, there are certain things I feel I can only buy in person because the fit is very subjective, like swimsuits, formal dresses, or professional wear that I might like to get tailored. For these things, I’m willing to make the shopping trip in order to try them on first.

posted over 4 years ago

lethappinessgrow
Style_council
lethappiness...

I guess it just depends on what you’re getting… lk i don’t think I would buy jeans online, since I’m real picky w jeans, and I lk trying them on! I’ve bought shoes online, and that went great! Some stores, lk Target and Payless (i know for sure), you can go to the store and return the items! i don’t know if Forever or any of those other stores do that! Also, you’re trying to save gas, but if you shop online you have to pay for shipping and handling! and you have to wait days to get your stuff, and if you’re impatient lk me then it seems lk you’ve been waiting forever!! But then again if you want to avoid the hassle of going to the mall, then you can just shop online…

well i’m rambling on now! I think I’d rather shop at the store…but I will shop online in the future!

posted over 4 years ago

headlollipop
Style_council
headlollipop

I take the bus to stores ;) It helps that I live in a metropolitan area.

Besides that, I try clothes on in the store—the fit’s never right when you buy things online, especially for shoes. And it’s nice to see the texture of the material and general quality of the item, which is hard to see on a computer screen. But then I go home and try to find it on ebay.

posted over 4 years ago

Petrakieva
Style_council
Petrakieva

I have never shopped on-line. I mean for clothes. The reason is that I ain’t sure in what will I get. Will it be too big or too small, would I like it when it’s on me… I prefer seeing myself in the thing before buying it! Yes, u can get more deals but r they woth it if u don’t like the thing on yo?

posted over 3 years ago

anothercaroline
Style_council
anothercaroline

I’m such a sucker for online shopping, but it’s really annoying when the garment arrives and it’s completely opposite from what you thought it would be in terms of texture and quality. I’d still rather shop in the store itself, except on weekends!

posted over 3 years ago

Catherinee
Style_council
Catherinee

I prefer online shopping… I live near the second largest mall in the country, can go into the city easily, etc. but I find shopping in person a little overwhelming. Mall stores tend to be dull, and boutiques often involve being stared down by hipster-y employees. Plus I’m terribly indecisive, so I can bookmark items and think about them before making a decision.

posted over 3 years ago

contemporarity
Style_council
contemporarity

Tops and dresses you can usually buy online because the top half sizing is pretty general.
But if you want to buy pants or shoes, I would recommend going to the store to try them on—especially pants. Those are the hardest to fit.

posted over 3 years ago

Chilli
Style_council
Chilli

I prefer shopping online because I am lazy and I can’t stand it when sale assistants are pushy.

posted over 3 years ago

Chilli
Style_council
Chilli

Ahh double post sorry!

posted over 3 years ago

SONIAP
Style_council
SONIAP

difficult unless you have shopped at the shop before , if you have brilliant , otherwise , know your waist size for jeans and also bust size for tops

Plus if you spot a steal online , thats too big you could always have it altered , PS i often shop in the sales , after spying things online i may want to buy , then grab them and try them on in the store ,

posted over 3 years ago

JUKILOVE
Style_council
JUKILOVE

I think you answered your own question, online you save gas and get better deals. But sometimes stores have older stock at way more reduced prices. I’m not one for wasting time at the mall so I usually look for what I want online and go to the store to try & buy.

posted over 3 years ago

AnindhitaRustiyan
Style_council
AnindhitaRus...

I think I prefer to buy at store because I can try it first and we can know the condition of the clothes. My first experience I bought dress via online store, I never thought that the dress is maxi dress!! you can check it at my chictopia’s page : “http://www.chictopia.com/photo/show/409158-Better+to+Wear+Like+This-dress”;

posted over 3 years ago

rhemel
Style_council
rhemel

I prefer to be there in the store to try the clothes, but some stores are extremely far away, like in another country for example, so I can only ask online in that case. But I prefer much more to see the product and try!

posted over 3 years ago

Ninsy
Style_council
Ninsy

I prefer buying at store, because you can see the real quality size and you can fit it. I don’t really like online stores because I can’t see the real item. One more thing, that made me unlike buying online: My cousin bought flat booty at a online shoe store, and when the item was received it was both left boots o-o how can you even wear that?

posted over 3 years ago

KaylaMeow
Style_council
KaylaMeow

I prefer buying at the store because I dont have those gorgeous model’s body figures that could fit into anything and look really GREAT!

posted over 3 years ago

Kallenie
Style_council
Kallenie

I like them both for different things, I find that online I can find some more unique and interesting things, just because you can find stores that are meant for a small target audience. In store though you can try things on, sometimes things that don’t look so great on the hanger look amazing if you take the time to try it on.

posted over 3 years ago

Crisss
Style_council
Crisss

I preffer the real onea…I can try them

posted about 2 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION