Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
cursed_kross
Style_council
cursed_kross

I work at Target, and I actually do like working there. My coworkers are great and I get in a lot of walking miles lol The thing I don’t like about it, my clothes always get ruined. So its gotten to the point where I just wear kinda junk outfits to work and I hate that.

Anyone else want to share something they don’t like about their job?

posted over 5 years ago
aranell
Style_icon
aranell

I feel for you! Having worked in retail as a student, I really think it’s one of the most exhausting jobs out there!
I suppose the downside to my job is pretty similar to yours – there’s not a day that goes by when I don’t get snot/spit/half-chewed-food on me – in my clothes and hair and stuff. At first it really freaked me out but now I’m fairly used to it and just make sure I wear things that I can put in the washing machine as soon as I get home :)

posted over 5 years ago

fauxfur
Style_council
fauxfur

I work at Target, too! My resignation will actually be official on the 18th, but I’ve been an employee since 2006 only because I love my co-workers. Guest Service is the worst when it comes to dealing with customers; I don’t have to say why.

posted over 5 years ago

Catherinee
Style_council
Catherinee

Well, I don’t like the fact that I don’t have one. I don’t get it, I’m responsible and I always state I’m available all weekend, but I guess no one wants to hire an inexperienced sixteen year old :/

posted over 5 years ago

kelllosaurus
Style_council
kelllosaurus

I’ve worked in food service (Jamba Juice!!) for three years and just recently got my first retail job at Aerie. They both have pros and cons but retail is definitely not as easy as I expected it to be. The best part though is that since Aerie sells pajamas and workout gear, that’s what I get to wear to work!

posted over 5 years ago

kl08
Style_council
kl08

I love my job! I work at a little boutique in my hometown and get to wear awesome designer clothes and work with an amazing female staff. I hate, when I have to ask off for a shift, or to find someone to cover a shift. www.jbandme.com

posted over 5 years ago

banaANAS
Style_council
banaANAS

i used to work at tommy hilfiguer and guess, wehn i worked at tommy i was very confuse it was my first reall job and i didnt understand how they were all so mean. and stole my shifts then i quit and went to guess and i loved it i wqas aloud to wear whatever had discounts and the staff were so cool! but i had to leave and it sucked.
thn i worked at carolina herrera and theres no words for that. and my current job, i am just plain lazy to dress up im a secretary and there is alot of people in and out and no one has one bit of fashion sence andim the yougest here, but i loveeee it! and i get bankkkk$ :) and in my freetime which is alot
i get to browse the internet and go on cool sites like chictopia!

posted over 5 years ago

RazzleDazzleMe
Style_council
RazzleDazzleMe

banaANAS, your job sounds amazing. I need one so bad. I might try Target, cause no one else will hire me.

posted over 5 years ago

shadowplay_
Style_council
shadowplay_

I used to work in a chain store and that was primarily bad because of the large amount of unwanted clothes I had to buy. I started work slightly before the Christmas period, and I bought an outfit to wear for work. Then when the proper Christmas period rolled around, head office decided it would be a great idea to have alternating ‘red’ and ‘blue’ themed days, where we had to purchase an entire ‘red’ and ‘blue’ outfit, from a small list of permitted ‘red’ and ‘blue’ items. Not only that, but we also had to wear accessories at all times as well. People might think that this wasn’t really much to complain about, but keep in mind I wasn’t getting paid that well anyway, I only got a few shifts a week and was only hired to work for three months, and the total number of (unwanted, and have never been worn again) clothes for work ended up being two skirts, three tops, one dress, one belt, a necklace and a hat. A big waste of money.

My second job was working at a newsagency, which was pretty good, except for occasional horrible customers.

posted over 5 years ago

cursed_kross
Style_council
cursed_kross

Sorry for this type of post. Haven’t been on in a while and think its silly to make several posts in a row.

@fauxfur – Yeah i’ve been working just under a year and want to quit, not making enough, but I know how hard it is to get a job right now and I really do like the people I work with.

@Catherinee – Everyone right now is having a hard time getting hired. Its the economy. Since you’re still in school see if your school has a class or extra curricular thing about independent living or about jobs. Both will show you the best way to present yourself at interviews and even give you hints a lot of people don’t know.

@k108 – Soooo lucky you get to work where you can wear just about whatever you want. I don’t know why I never thought of applying at a cute little boutique or something like that, especially since I live by quite a few.

@shadowplay_ – It really sucks when you get a job to make and save money then they make you buy stuff like that. I don’t think enough companies take work clothes into consideration when dealing with our paychecks.

posted over 5 years ago

shadowplay_
Style_council
shadowplay_

Yeah :( They should give us a more substantial discount at least (I think ours was only 30% or something…)

posted over 5 years ago

frenchieee
Style_council
frenchieee

i’m tutoring kids, over my school year and parts over the summer. the bad part? the kids i work with are horrendous and at first used to hate me but have slowly adapted to my presence.

posted over 5 years ago

ivyxx
Style_council
ivyxx

I work in a group home for mentally challenged individuals, and I love it, I think it’s a great job. It’s so rewarding, the guys who live in the home are sweethearts, and my coworkers are awesome. But what I hate about it is a) my supervisor is a crazy bitch and b) ‘accidents’…ugh.

posted about 5 years ago

Catherinee
Style_council
Catherinee

So, since posting, I got a job! Ironic I’d get one, the newspaper said today that in the past month the people hurt the most were teenagers trying to get jobs, and after more than a year of searching, I got one.

It’s at a locally owned toy store and it’s actually a really good job! I get to wear whatever I want (with an apron over it, not a problem), my nose ring isn’t an issue, the people that work there are cool, etc. I guess the not-so-good part is I wouldn’t really have a use for the discount, and I’m not a huge fan of little kids. But I’m becoming pro at wrapping gifts, I’ll get to personalize stuff, and eventually I’ll have an extensive knowledge of toys.

posted about 5 years ago

camerakind
Style_council
camerakind

I work at Forever 21 and as a lot of chicatopians have complained, the store is always messy.
And yes I agree it is messy during the day but its because soooo many people grab clothes and throw them about. Last night we stayed til 1:30am to just put clothes back!! ><
And our store is one of the biggest, it used to be Mervyans and the ones that took over Mervyans have the biggest sq feet.
We have the plus line, the guys clothing, the contemporary line, the swim suits and of course the tons and tons of female clothing, its a whole lotta mess.
I wish people would put clothes back or give it to a sales associate so we wouldn’t have to do that AND grab all the clothes that are mixed w others.
I now respect those who work in retail!!

posted about 5 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION