Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
Boagster
Style_council
Boagster

I just finished school this summer and can now (not so proudly) say I have successfully remained the perma-single. No first kiss. No boyfriend. Nada. A friend of mine once suggested this was a brilliant opportunity for guilt free one night stands but even when everyone is pissed I can’t… Not that that really appeals to be honest!
Admittedly at less than an inch under 6ft I am taller than many guys but that can’t really be an issue too much surely? It gives me my best body feature; my long legs! I wear glasses but I still fail to see the issue there. There is nothing too out there about my style so I’m not scary but this is all on the outside! I am a little shy at first admittedly but I still talk and laugh and stuff. I can hold a conversation and I have been told I am funny and witty so I don’t think I’m boring! 2 of my best friends (of 6) are guys so I can get to the friends bit…. But what the hell am I doing so wrong? Really this stress all came about on the First aid/swimming course I am on…. There is a cute guy (3 actually but one is just that bit more my type (if i even know what mine is!)) and I have been put in a pair with him. We only go into these pairs about twice a day tops for a short time but we have banter and chat and sit across the table from each other! Really I would just love to hear your suggestions as to what I can do (not just in this situation, in general really) to do more than just be friends! I like being single, I am used to it by now, but it would be nice to, you know, know!

posted over 2 years ago
catiebeatty
Forum_moderator
catiebeatty

No worries :) It will happen! I didn’t have my first kiss until I was 21!! Don’t push it or you will end up thinking “Oh geez, I totally regret kissing that guy!” As for dating in general, I don’t think you’re doing anything wrong! I’m a bit shy too, so I always let the guy ask me, but I usually send out hints. Admittedly, some guys don’t pick up on those, haha. Most guys are just as afraid of you as you are of them, so you don’t need to blame it on your height or slight shyness.

As for the guy in your swim class, I think you’re going about it the right way! It’s hard to be patient, but being friends is always the best way to start out anyway :) If the chance comes up, use study sessions as an excuse to get together outside of class. If you’re feeling gutsy, invite him out with friends on the weekend.

I’m with you, I liked being single, but it was definitely nice to have someone to thing about. Dating is exciting, but can also be really hard, so now that I’m married, I only miss it a little :)

posted over 2 years ago

Boagster
Style_council
Boagster

Wow thank you so much! :D

posted over 2 years ago

patlaenz
Style_council
patlaenz

this reminds me so much about me at your age…im really tall too.When i turned 17 we go out to a bar with some friends and i met the most handsome man ive ever seen so far thinking well what are the chances anyway?im terrible shy,im with a bunch of lousy girls ,hes with his friend etc(AND maybe hes shorter than me lol as i saw him from a long distance)anyway,the night was coming to an end ,we were about to leave and didnt saw him anymore …i almost forgot about him,when he came out of nowhere to chat with me.he became my boyfriend for10years.the point is you never know what can happen,so dont feel worried about it ,its just a matter of time

posted over 2 years ago

Crisss
Style_council
Crisss

Be strong and dare for more

posted over 2 years ago

IssaBelleBoutique
Style_council
IssaBelleBou...

u don’t have to do anything particular. when u look for love , you usually scare those guys. just you know live ur life and someday when u expect less someone will just come in ur life. i believe in destiny.

posted about 2 years ago

FakeBlikeu
Style_council
FakeBlikeu

hey, be more optimistic and you’ll see when u least expect it will happen.

posted almost 2 years ago

nitab
Style_council
nitab

yeah you just gotta let it find you. likke me!! LOL

posted almost 2 years ago

amorphous_face
Style_council
amorphous_face

Nah you aren’t doing anything wrong. Haven’t you seen Sexy & The City. those girls were beautiful and cool and most of the time they were single. It is annoying and more annoying is when people say “It will happen when you least expect it.” It’s great that you have guys as friends. It may or may not happen. Who knows. Life is so strange and mysterious and really I am soooo tired of being single but I try to not think about it.

posted over 1 year ago

PuckVR
Style_council
PuckVR

Don’t worry: one of my best friends is 20 and still hasn’t had her first kiss yet. I had mine at 14 (which is late nowadays.. what happened to the world?!) but I’ve never had a real, grown-up ’’relationship’’. But from what I’ve experienced and seen/heard around me, you’re not missing much. Yeah, kissing & sex are nice but a lot of the stuff around it isn’t that great.

posted over 1 year ago

nitab
Style_council
nitab

Lol same here, all i can say is to be patient, and remember that the guys are the chasers, they should be the ones pursuing you- not the other way around….unless the guy is a pussy and wont do anything

posted over 1 year ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION