Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
Smash86
Style_council
Smash86

Ouch, that can be a little tricky, especially considering the history she has with this guy. I think she defently needs to distance herself from this guy and if possible you should talk to her ex and try to convince him to not reply so much. The fact that he’s still so close to her is hurting your friend, and in her mind it creates the illusion that there is hope for their relationship. You gotta let her know that you understand why she feels this way, but she needs to give this other guy a chance. There are so many people in the world and she may still have a shot at love :)

posted over 1 year ago
lindajudour
Style_council
lindajudour

I definitely agree with Smash86, she really needs to distance herself from him because it does give her hope. The less contact she has with him, the more she’ll forget him. They say that it takes half of the time they’ve been together to get over someone, so she just needs time. Reason with her, but don’t force her because she’ll probably end up with that guy as a rebound and that will not end up pretty. Just give her time and support, as I’m sure she’ll do the same with you! :)

posted over 1 year ago

ElloLove77
Style_council
ElloLove77

I had a friend like that. She kept freaking out because she was so sure that her ex was “the one” and after they broke up, she was convinced that she was going to die alone. Still is. I tried giving her some advice but now she hates me for trying to help her. I’m not saying that this will happen with you and your friend! I’m just saying that you need to be gentle in how you talk to her. She was in a very long relationship, and I’m guessing she believed that her ex was “the one” and was prepared to spend the rest of her life with him. If you want these two together, they have to figure it out themselves. You can’t MAKE you’re friend happy. (I found this out the hard way.) What you can do is give opportunities for her to hang out with the new guy. Maybe throw a movie night/party thing. It will give them a chance to connect a little bit and also remind your friend that she can be happy without her ex and just have fun with her friends.

posted over 1 year ago

FakeBlikeu
Style_council
FakeBlikeu

I think you should be really patient with her. I have a best friend that had the same problem and her relationship lasted only a year, it took her almost another year and another relationship to get over him and now she’s been single for 9 months. Can you imagine that? For months she was talking only about him and how she never will get over him, we listened to her and we were there for her and we still are.
About that guy maybe she really isn’t ready to have another relationship, maybe for the moment it’s better this way.

posted over 1 year ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION