Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
catiebeatty
Forum_moderator
catiebeatty

Do you want to get married? Why or why not?

I always knew I would get married, but now that I am, it’s kinda trippy! Who knew I would ever get old enough to be married! I’ve spent my whole life thinking about it as something that would happen in the future. Well, my future is NOW!

posted over 2 years ago
1 2
sallymandy
New_user sallymandy is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When sallymandy reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
sallymandy

I’ve been married for quite a while and have one child. I now believe this: no matter how much you love your partner, if you stay together very long, you will eventually face issues that seriously challenge your commitment. There WILL be days when you wonder if you’d be better off apart, or single, or with someone else. I think this is just life, and doesn’t mean you don’t love each other. In fact, I think it’s normal and healthy.

IMO, having done the marriage ceremony slows down the impulse to just run away when those inevitable challenges come up. It’s harder work to get a divorce than just to move out.

Those are just my opinions, though.

posted over 2 years ago

AnErin
Style_council
AnErin

If one wants to marry, it is probably best to do so when you are young (early to mid 20’s) and have options for decent partners.
As people age, they get more picky about a partner, and sadly, most people seem to want someone way out of their league. Unattractive middle age unemployed men want some 21 year old model, and overweight women with 4 kids want some rich guy.
Both are nice fantasies but people think they are entitled to such a partner way over their OWN league.

When you are younger, you still have your good looks and a lot to offer and can grow with your partner. Better yourselves as a couple instead of hoping the above scenario is more than fantasy.

posted over 2 years ago

Crisss
Style_council
Crisss

Yes, and I will …in 8 month :)

posted about 2 years ago

PeachyPanda
Style_council
PeachyPanda

I don’t want to get married. I want to have a lifetime partner to share my life with but I don’t think I have to get married in order to do this. With marriage will come expectations to have children, and that I do not want as well.

posted almost 2 years ago
1 2
REPLY TO DISCUSSION