Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
SpammishRice
Style_council
SpammishRice

Last year, Christmas Day, my boyfriend and I had a beautiful baby girl. For the following New Year, I made a resolution to shed my Jabba-esque “new mom” body and get back into even better shape than I was before the pregnancy by my daughter’s first birthday, Christmas 2009 (I started out 30 lbs overweight and wanted to be able to get fit and healthy to keep up with my new baby). Currently, I’m on the right track — I’m 14 lbs away from my goal of 110. :D

However, things took a very different turn a couple of months ago. After six and a half years, my boyfriend cheated and has decided to leave me for a 19-year-old. Now, normally I’d like to be completely rid of him, but we have a child and I’m legally obligated to associate with him for the next 18 years. So this coming Christmas, I will be bringing our daughter to his family’s to celebrate with them (thankfully, I’m still on very good terms with his family.)

Now, my goal has altered a bit: I plan to be healthy and happy and fit by Christmas, but I’ve added a little something. I want to show off my new body in a f*cking fantastic outfit, as a sort of celebration for me and representative of the next step in my life, as well as a bit of a “f*ck you” to my ex. However, here’s the kicker: I’m finding it difficult to come up with a good balance of “knockout” and holiday-appropriate, and something somewhat functional for a young mother (I may be carrying my daughter around for a good portion of the evening), AND won’t overwhelm my 5’0" frame. Does anyone have any suggestions of where to start looking or what I should be looking at?

posted about 5 years ago
RazzleDazzleMe
Style_council
RazzleDazzleMe

I love that you’re so focus. I think this item from American Apparel would be a great way to show off your body but being appropriate as long as you wear leggings or tights. You could even pair it with some boots or a heels.

posted about 5 years ago

imaJe
Style_council
imaJe

looking hot is the best revenge! i’ve done this plenty of times before and it always worked! i remember i wore a dressy silk top with skinny jeans & heels to a housewarming party. i didn’t pay any attention to him, and by the end of the night my ex was completely drooling over me… oh it was sweet revenge!

hope your plans works, good luck ;)

posted about 5 years ago

lanton
Style_icon
lanton

I’m impressed with your motivation…your a tough chick, I love it! How dressy do you plan on being? You can check out my post http://www.chictopia.com/photo/show/166419-h-m-dress-ardene-stockings-aldo-shoes-aldo-accessories-necklace-supplier
I love this H&M dress. My husband didn’t let go of me all night :)

posted about 5 years ago

SpammishRice
Style_council
SpammishRice

RazzleDazzleMe: That dress meets all my needs — perhaps the cranberry would be best color for the holidays. But I’m a bit concerned — the model is pretty lean, and I’m short and curvy. I’m not sure I can pull off the neckline with a 34D bust! Though, it’d be really awesome with sparkly black tights and my tall black buckled boots. They kind of look like high-heeled Santa boots. Hmmm….

imaJe: That’s a great story! Way to show your ex, “You don’t know what you got till it’s gone”!

lanton: Wow, that’s stunning! Admittedly, I may be overdressed in an outfit like that — it’s a large family & friends Christmas gathering, so I wouldn’t doubt some people showing up in sweaters and jeans! Of course, I want to knock it out of the park, but I don’t want to be uncomfortably overdressed. But I’ll definitely use your look as inspiration. I only ever wore pants for most of my life because I was such a tomboy. I think a fantastic dress is a great first step to show I’m moving on. :)

posted about 5 years ago

lanton
Style_icon
lanton

Noted that my dress is maybe too much for your party, so I figured this affordable dress from forever 21 could do the trick and will also be suitable for your busty top :)
http://www.forever21.com/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=FOREVER21&category%5Fname=dress&product%5Fid=2066448555&Page=3
Racer back is always sexy!!!

posted about 5 years ago

SpammishRice
Style_council
SpammishRice

Oooh, that’s darling, I love the detailed racerback! I can see myself wearing that with a belt… Thank you for your input!

posted about 5 years ago

jychob
Style_council
jychob

awesome plan! He’ll regret ever cheating on ya!

posted over 3 years ago

MiuSan
Style_council
MiuSan

That is a gal with a plan! I’m rooting for you!

Though yo ustill got plenty of time till x-mas to figure out your outfit :)

posted over 3 years ago

Rayy
Style_council
Rayy

go for it girl!

posted about 2 years ago

FakeBlikeu
Style_council
FakeBlikeu

you should wear a beautiful red dress! gg

posted about 2 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION