Style_council
Angelic_Ariel

I’m 15 and when I’m in my late 20’s I really want
to move to Londom from the US. I want to
finish med school first, because I want to become a
plastic surgeon.
I know I have a longg
way to go before it can happen,
but it’s like a huge dream of mine to live there.

Can anyone tell me the pros and
cons of moving to London?

posted over 5 years ago
poorandweird
Style_council
poorandweird

There’s a very rich cultural diversity and hundreds of years of heritage and history, which makes it an interesting place to live. If you get an Oyster card, travel around london on the underground train networks will work out to be incredibly cheap for you.

London’s a very expensive place to live in though, especially if you’re planning on buying property in a nice area.

posted over 5 years ago

XxAngel_Emz95xX
Style_council
XxAngel_Emz95xX

London is expensive, yeah. And the underground in the morning is manic!! But I guess no worse than the subway in NY or whatever. The best thing is the markets, especially Camden market. Oxford Street is great as well, but go really early in the morning or on a weekday because on weekends the queues in Primark are literally miles long!!!

posted over 5 years ago

Stromboli
Style_council
Stromboli

London is my favorite european destination and I go there as often as I can.
The pro : London is a really amazing city, I can’t even explain why but I feel really good there.
The con : London is really, really expensive for everything : clothes, food, nightclubs, … But London’s worth it !

posted over 5 years ago

Mayumi
Style_council
Mayumi

London is the busiest place I’ve ever been! Of course I’ve never been to New York.
Whatever you do, always take an umbrella in your bag! You never know with the weather over here.

posted about 5 years ago

caffeinerush
Style_council
caffeinerush

London is lovely! All my family live there (and my parents and I used to live there too), so we go a lot. It’s great that you’re considering moving there, because it’s such a wonderful place to live. However, I must agree that it is expensive to live there. My family all live in the inner-city (Kensington area), and I know it’s expensive.

Pros: it is busy (I don’t know if that would be a pro for you, but it is for me); the shops are amazing (Londoners have the best, most unique style); the markets are amazing and there’s always something to do.
Cons: London is expensive. It is expensive to eat, drink and get around in London. Public transport isn’t too expensive, but you should avoid taking a taxi. The tube is fun, if you’re not scared of germs of anything (like my mother is, haha), and cheap. Get an Oyster card to save some ££.
If you’ve never visited London before, definitely do so before you consider living there! You really have to go yourself to appreciate the vibrancy, curiosities and joys of living your life in London!

posted about 5 years ago

LeJohn
Style_council
LeJohn

London is amazing. Yes it’s quite expensive but there are ways of making it cheaper, for example my food shop at local groceries and markets is really cheap, walk instead of using transport for small journeys (good for the waistline too, hahaha), you can get amazing clothes at the markets and east end stores for pretty bargainous prices, and even with housing you can find bargains in nice areas. There are lots of brilliant free club nights too… though for places like fabric you’re looking at £15 cover, and drinks in bars/clubs cost a small fortune. Although as a plastic surgeon i’m imagining money won’t be a big deal. Otherwise, there’s culture, fashion, architecture, food, nightlife and everything else up there with the best in the world. It’s diverse and amazing and you’ll never be bored. The weather is pretty awful though. Like right now it’s been ten days of nice weather, it was about 80/85 F today and on days like this everyone is happy and out in the parks etc and it’s brilliant. But it’s rare, and september – april is just awful. Depends how important that is to you i guess. The markets though are just heaven. Except Camden with all the tourists and tat.

posted about 5 years ago

withredribbon
Style_council
withredribbon

Camden has gone downhill, Shoreditch and Brick lane have the best vintage shops and markets.

posted about 5 years ago

littlepleasure
Style_council
littlepleasure

i was in London last summer and i fell head over heels in love.
underground is fantastic and really easily to get used to. i love the ‘stand on right’ thing when using escalators. noone ever stand on the right in my country but in UK it was awesome
camden is great, i love the canal and unique shops. and how everybody sits outside bars

i really want to study in London but i’m scared :D

posted over 4 years ago

Roseflorie
Style_council
Roseflorie

Oh wow, I’m 15 too but when I’m older I wanna do the opposite lol :P
I wanna actually move FROM London to the US because the US is bigger.

London is quite petitie and tight. If you’re going to look for a job as a doctor, then there will be no probs with that profession.
But London fashion is awesome ;D

posted over 4 years ago

AsianGoddess1610
Style_council
AsianGoddess...

i lived in london when i was 15 lmao! well i can say that i miss it alot and i hated having to come back…i miss the busy nature of london, the shopping, the culture, the food, the diversity…everything. i miss the rain too haha

posted over 4 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION