Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
New_user 23272 is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When 23272 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!

If you do, I’ve got a couple of questions for you.

1. How do you blend the layers together, like in the back? I’d get my mom to help me, but she’s terrible with scissors.

2. How do you guys create thinned/tapered ends? I’ve got rather thick hair, and after I cut it, my ends are always blunt and do NOT look good.

Thanks!

posted about 5 years ago
cristinaraposa
Style_council
cristinaraposa

layers are very tricky, i suggest you get a professional to do it for you.

posted about 5 years ago

mfay
Style_council
mfay

I have thick hair and I have cut and dyed it myself for a long time. It’s pretty short, though, so I just feel with my fingers where it needs to be shorter and cut. I move my scissors up and down randomly as I cut to avoid that bluntness. Also, you can twist your hair in a little twist and cut the outside to thin it out.

posted about 5 years ago

storets
Shop_seller_2 storets is a Chictopia seller who has been hand-picked by our editors to sell merchandise on our website.

Chictopia sellers carry fashion forward products and ensure great customer experience. Click here if you are interested in selling your merchandise on Chictopia.
storets

I used to cut my hair when I had shot hair. (Now that I have long hair, I don’t think I need any hair cut haha) It is very simple when you have short hair. Follow what mfay said. Or you can use a razor instead of scissors. Some people say razors are not good to keep your hair ‘healthy’ but I guess they give me more natural look. Don’t forget to run to professional if you mess up with your hair. ha ha Good Luck!

posted about 5 years ago

izycat123
Style_council
izycat123

im with “cristinaraposa” on this one. professionals are the best way to go. even if you go to a local salon that only charges $20.

posted almost 5 years ago

JUKILOVE
Style_council
JUKILOVE

Thinning scissors can be found at Wal-mart, I’ve a pair.
I used to use a razor to thin out my hair.

posted almost 5 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION