Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
Madam123
Style_council
Madam123

So my current boyfriend and I are quite the busy couple. We’re both biology majors at the same University, so most of our time spent together is studying. I plan on going to Dental School, while he plans on going to Medical school. Both of these professions require extended schooling that will be time consuming and rigorous. As we are now, I fee as though we don’t spend nearly enough “couple” time together because of our busy schedules, or when we are together we’re studying. Even for University Holidays I either travel to South Africa or to the east coast to see my family while he goes home Cali. So basically we’ve never genuinely spent quality time together like a normal regular couple should, and probably never will! Minus our weekly date nights on Saturday. What do you think? Is it worth the time?

posted almost 2 years ago
Smash86
Style_council
Smash86

Unless you are both able to commit to relatonship where you rarely see each other, than I would say no. You are both young, and from the sounds of it you haven’t had the chance to learn very much about each other. That can make relationships even more confusing and complicated. This is only my opinion though, listen to your heart and pay attention to what you feel.

FakeBlikeu
Style_council
FakeBlikeu

If you really like him and he means something for you, sure he is worth it!

Senta
Style_council
Senta

I somehow know the problem, as I’m in law school and also have way too less time for my bf. But well, it’s the same way for your boyfriend, right? So this is perfect somehow. He understands that you have to study. And who knows, maybe in a few years you’re gonna have more time to spend together. If you think you wouldn’t find anyone better… it sure is worth it. And maybe you two could also schedule your “couple time”. There’s gotta be a little spare time for both of you.

AksharTroublesome
Style_council
AksharTroubl...

You could visit one another’s family, in turns.
like you go with him in Cali to visit his parent, and then he comes with you to see your parents. If this is not an option…then, i have no idea.
Good Luck!

robin77
Style_council
robin77

Will you both be going to med school in the same city? If yes, and you really love him, then yes, it’s “worth it”

patlaenz
Style_council
patlaenz

Im a dentist, I had to really cut time consuming relashionships (boyfriend who was not supportive,friends that werent studying or interested in doing something productive w their lifes)I might sound like a bitch but its the reality,otherwise you wont be doing nothing at all

GracielleNebres
Style_council
GracielleNebres

Make sure you’ll be married and be officially approved under the roof

priscillaraq
Style_council
priscillaraq

Can you see yourself being with him for a lot longer? Maybe the rest of your life? If that is your desire then, I say it’s worth sticking out for. If you have no hunger to want to get more serious with the lad you should end it and focus on your education.

Lillyjo
Style_council
Lillyjo

How much does it bother you? How much does it bother him? If you cherish the time you actually get together then its obviously a relationship thats quite deep and is worth sticking out. You might need each other as the pressure of it all gets worse!

REPLY TO DISCUSSION