Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
shevelleee
Style_council
shevelleee

I’m currently attending college and am a simple 20 year old girl. I stick to the usual v-necks and skinny jeans, with of course, flats. Everyone on chictopia looks so cute! I have been wanting to dress more like it but I honestly do not know how. My wardrobe is pretty boring. Any tips? By the way, I am 5’4 with brown hair and eyes with hair about 3 inches past my shoulders. The only part of me that is big is my belly and waist =( Thanks!

posted over 5 years ago
SONIAP
Style_council
SONIAP

hey

all my weight goes to my tummy as well , its rubbish!!

aline skirts with a belt at the top of the waist hides a tummy , floaty dresses from topshop etc if you have a topshop near you , or something similar

then they have personal shoppers , ask for a change of style.- may charge!
but really have a look at street style websites , see what others are wearing there are loads , a good one is “styleandthecity” which shows chic people in Paris .

good luck honey

posted over 5 years ago

kkkeiOK
Style_council
kkkeiOK

I think it’s ok to stick to the staples of t-shirts and skinnies… I too find myself doing that alot hehe… but when I find my outfit seems a little bit too boring, I try spicing it up with accessories like hats and scarves, or when my feet feel up to it, an killer pair of heels/boots :)

For a big belly, I would recommend something not too figure hugging – like floaty t-shirts and babydolls… or why not try wearing dresses? Dresses are easy to wear, and makes anyone instant cute!

Looking forward to seeing your pics :)

posted over 5 years ago

JUKILOVE
Style_council
JUKILOVE

When trying to do such a major wardrobe change, it’s good to realize what you do have and what you don’t in comparison to people that you are modeling after. But remember that sometimes it’s the way things are worn that make the outfit stand out (accessories, adjustment of hems). In the early stages of such a transformation I would say do NOT buy anymore basics (tees, camis, sweaters; the kind that say ‘mass produced’) it sounds like you have enough of these. A good wardrobe is rated not for its similarity to an Old Navy storage room (no offense). When shopping, be bold. I know it’s hard for people to go for daring outfits but experience is key when finding a new, maybe more you, kind of style.
I always say ’it’s easy to dress with style, the shopping is the hard part’. Think of it as ‘if I don’t have basics to wear then I have to dress up’.
So step out of your comfort zone and take some chances. If you’re not sure about an item just make sure there’s a good return policy. These kinds of things take time so don’t feel like you have to go out there and buy a whole new wardrobe at once, nothing spoils a wardrobe make over more than power shopping (at least I think). But remember to feel like shevellee when you sporting your new wardrobe.

Good luck, I believe in you!

posted over 5 years ago

Crisss
Style_council
Crisss

You can try the Bethany Mota makeover! She`ll help you!

posted about 2 years ago

catiebeatty
Forum_moderator
catiebeatty

PLEASE DON’T BUMP OLD THREADS, ESPECIALLY ONES THAT DON’T FIT WITH THE FORUM TOPIC.

posted about 2 years ago

angelinatangerina
Style_council
angelinatang...

I used to be ridiculously frumpy, but I invested in a couple of model street fashion magazines, found a favorite model I wanted to dress like, studied their outfits, and got new clothes to emulate them. Don’t go on a shopping spree without knowing what you’re looking for – it doesn’t have to be specific, but a general idea would be nice. Also, be wary of buying a whole bunch of cheap things. Trust me, you can tell the difference between a 15 dollar blouse and a 40 dollar one. So invest in good quality clothes, but you can also just buy things that will match what you already have. Like if you have an abundance of t-shirts, get blazers or cute jackets. Or if you have a bunch of plain jeans, get some blouses to class things up a bit. Good luck, hope it works out for you!

posted about 2 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION