Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
ChristieREdwards7587
Style_council
ChristieREdw...

This morning as I road the train into work, I was so engaged in reading my book “The Archaeology of Environmental Change,” I missed my stop. The book by no means kept my attention, but I simply was caught in a moment of absentmindedness.

At first, I was quite annoyed and wanted to wave my fist towards the heavens, but then I thought about the possible reasons I might have missed my stop. Perhaps I missed being targeted for a robbery? Or, I may have been saved from getting hit by a car? Sure, I could well enough be reaching, but whatever the case may be, there are reasons why our steps become veered from our desired path. Instead of stepping onto that “cranky train,” take a quick moment to explore the order of our steps and why these sorts of things could possibly occur. In life we never know why things happen the way they do. When these anxiety provoking scenarios befall us, take a deep breath, exhale and GO with the flow! In many cases, our arrivals do not become too far off from our desired destination. It solely becomes a matter of time, mixed with a little humor, and sprinkled with a touch of patience. Take every bump in the road as means to a learning experience, not a means to the end. It’s the simple things after all! :-)

Check out my blog here

posted over 2 years ago
discofabulous
Style_council
discofabulous

I love your positive view on things. Being positive isn’t always easy especially hard situations. I have to constantly remind myself to be thankful for what I have and stop focusing on the bad stuff. :)

Xoxo

posted almost 2 years ago

discofabulous
Style_council
discofabulous

I love your positive view on things. Being positive isn’t always easy especially hard situations. I have to constantly remind myself to be thankful for what I have and stop focusing on the bad stuff. :)

Xoxo

catiebeatty
Forum_moderator
catiebeatty

Please post any blog links in the Blog Forum.

ChristieREdwards7587
Style_council
ChristieREdw...

@discofabulous, it has taken many life lessons to learn but adopting a more positive way of thinking is key. Life will never be perfect so it’s important for us to become flexible to move as things come our way. Thank you for reading my post!

Blessedwithmusic
Style_council
Blessedwithm...

Thanks for posting this! I agree, and that’s a great way of looking at those situations :)

posted over 1 year ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION