Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
lindajudour
Style_council
lindajudour

Honestly, I’ve been a huge junk food eater all my life. But as I’m aging, I want to start eating healthier, but it just doesn’t seem to work out as I want it. I’ve try to add vegetables to my diet, but I can’t help but to go back to being a carnivore. What are some things that you do to adjust to the healthy lifestyle?

posted about 2 years ago
Crisss
Style_council
Crisss

stop eating junk food

posted about 2 years ago

catiebeatty
Forum_moderator
catiebeatty

This is a great topic for the health forum! This forum is mainly for relationship advice :)

posted about 2 years ago

BeckyBedbug
Style_council
BeckyBedbug

Haha I was going to say the same as Crisss. Just stop eating junk food.

You can be a carnivore and still healthy. Just try leaner meats like chicken. Salmon is good too but in small quantities.

posted about 2 years ago

venit_vidit_victis
New_user venit_vidit_victis is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When venit_vidit_victis reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
venit_vidit_...

I know for personal experience that getting off of the junk food train can be really difficult. It took me awhile, but now I pretty much eat nothing but fresh foods.
Switching from bad food to good food cold turkey is really difficult, so start with small changes. Eat an apple with peanut butter instead of a bag of chips. Eat 100% whole grains instead of white bread and replace ground beef with ground turkey.
Once you make little changes, eating healthier starts to come more naturally. One thing that helps me to eat well is that since healthy foods are lower calories/carbs/fats you can actually eat MORE. That doesn’t mean there’s no limit to the amount of healthy foods you can have, but you can have a whole bowl of plain popcorn and an apple versus 1/2 cup of ice cream.
The little changes really do make the biggest difference.
Also, make sure to eat breakfast. It will help you to control your hunger all day and kepp you from binging. Not to mention that having a full stomach to start the day will help keep you going.
Don’t be too concerned about the carnivore thing. I’m personally a vegetarian, but you can be extremely healthy and eat meat. Just stick to organic lean meats like chicken and turkey over red meats. Eggs are another great way to get protein, I probably eat 3 a day!
work on getting a colorful plate: different veggies and fruits. Not only does that ensure that you get a wide range of vitamins and nutrients, but it stops your taste buds from getting bored. You’ll discover what you like and what works well together very quickly.
finally, two tips: First, remember that lifestyle is 70% diet, 30% exercise. Don’t ever use exercising as an excuse to eat an entire box of oreos or a pizza. Second, try cutting sde from your diet. You might be skeptical but I haven’t had a sip of soda in about a year. I used to drink it all the time and I feel loads better now that I’ve stopped. Atleast try cutting back on the carbonated drinks and replace them with tea and coffee instead.
good luck on the health food journey

posted about 2 years ago

BeyondLustre
Forum_moderator
BeyondLustre

Try going on the health forums-there’s plenty of posts with advice there!

posted about 2 years ago

mollyan
Style_council
mollyan

Eat more fruits and veggies

posted about 2 years ago

Chocosioco
Style_council
Chocosioco

switch your white carbs with whole grain carbs

posted almost 2 years ago

Yumi_Kaeko
Style_council
Yumi_Kaeko

For myself, I watch my calories, barely use butter in my cooking, and eliminate the use of oil in my own cooking. I’ve noticed that most junk food is higher in calories and has more fat, so I eat more lower calorie food. Also, I try to add vegetables to everything, even if it’s just plain organic salad with my lunch, or sometimes I go decadent and grill vegetables to go along with rice, meat, etc. I used to eat madd junk food (think nachos, pancakes, etc everyday), and I had to condition my body to like new food. It’ll be hard and frustrating in the beginning, but it’s worth the health in the long run.
Hope this could help :)

posted almost 2 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION