Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
brunchatthebeach
Style_council
brunchattheb...

What’s the best way to store shoes when you have limited space in your room/closet?

posted almost 5 years ago
heck
Style_council
heck

in my closet I have all my sneakers in a bag (the Abercrombie ones are really strong!), and my flats in a basket. Heals are standing on a shelf.
My friend has one of those plastic boxes with all of her shoes thrown in and under her bed. Pretty good idea I think.

lethappinessgrow
Style_council
lethappiness...

I have that thing you hang on behind your door, and I have a few shoes there. The rest are still in their boxes in my closet, but my dad’s in the process of making me a rack to put them in!

juicyxoprincess
Style_council
juicyxoprincess

I have those plastic containers that fit under your bed, there really long and can hold alot of shoes

coldlight
Style_council
coldlight

I have a tiny room and way too many shoes!!! Store them under your bed if you have the space there. I have a large cardboard box of heels, and one for boots, which are both under my bed. I try to keep them lying flat or standing at the bottom of the box.
I also have a small compartment on the floor of my closet which i just throw all my shoes into so they’re piled on top of each other… :S I should keep better care of them, but I have too many pairs and not enough room :(

New_user 119149 is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When 119149 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!

I have an overflowing rack of shoes. I think I want those plastic containers for under the bed cause it’s more space efficient.

trinnah
Style_council
trinnah

Right now, I have them on the shelves in my closet, in their boxes on the floor, in one of those sold on tv cases for under the bed (but I have them in the closet anyway). I have too many though, so I’m getting our builder to build some shelves for me, so that it’s easier for me to see all the shoes and pick the right one for the outfit. :(

EveyHoneysuckle
Style_council
EveyHoneysuckle

I have that hanging shoe rack you put on your closet railing. I put the shoes I DON’T wear in it though haha The ones I do wear sit messily on the floor or if they’re boots, in the boxes.

posted over 4 years ago

ashnick3
Style_council
ashnick3

everywhere! i lose them all the time. but occasionally, i keep them in a nice storage box.

posted over 4 years ago

JessicaMKR
Style_council
JessicaMKR

i have one of those behind the door hanging racks, which only holds about 15 pairs so the entire floor of my room is scattered with all my shoes i wear more often. its a safety hazard.

posted over 4 years ago

hayan_styler808
Style_council
hayan_styler808

my shoes are in boxes which is a bad idea. . . lol the stacks are getting higher

posted over 4 years ago

the_ed
Style_council
the_ed

a white shoe cubby at the top of my closet holds 90% of my shoes 70% of the time. The space next to it and the floor of my closet are for taller boots, and sometimes I rush and forget to put them away so they stay on floor 1’s floor…

posted over 4 years ago

StealingBeauty
Style_council
StealingBeauty

i store them in these large plastic bins on wheels that are short enough to slide under my bed. I can fit a good 10 pairs depending on whether its heels or flats…. i could probably store double the amount of flats.

those bins save my life! my shoes use to be scattered all over to the point where i could barely walk through my room without watching my step.

posted over 4 years ago

splashofcolour
Style_council
splashofcolour

I store a lot of mine lined up in rows under my bed. It can be awkward when you want a pair that’s right at the back though.

posted over 4 years ago

etceteraism
Style_council
etceteraism

My dad built me a little “shoe case” with some shelves for my shoes.

I saw someone get a small IKEA bookcase and add a couple of extra shelves (so there isn’t so much space wasted above the shoes-especially flats!) to store there shoes. That would be a good idea if you have a bit of extra space.

posted over 4 years ago

ladidadi
Style_council
ladidadi

I put them under my bed or on a hanger rack thing from the container store that’s attached to my door

posted over 4 years ago

pandaphilia
Style_council
pandaphilia

one of those door hanger pouch things

posted over 4 years ago

r0zz
Style_council
r0zz

i used to keep them down stairs in my garage since our garage is like our front door, but now i use an old dvd/vhs shelf thing.

[[alike so: “http://r0zz.xanga.com/725744235/some-semi-serious-spring-cleaning/”; ]]

posted over 4 years ago

RazzleDazzleMe
Style_council
RazzleDazzleMe

I keep them in the boxes they came it. I also have small baskert filled with cheap shoes for the summer.

posted over 4 years ago

fashionbelate
Style_council
fashionbelate

I have a rather large shoebox that contains many of my shoes. The shoes I wear the most are usually laying around somewhere in my room, though!

posted over 4 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION