Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
d0rki3
Style_council
d0rki3

SO I’m a shopaholic. And once i got my account a few hours ago i was looking through the forums and saw a lot of people shopped on asos.com So i decided to check it out. Fell in love but i ended up with this Dita Von Teese Sequin Brief and a “rust tights”. Anywho i haven’t bought it yet but i was wondering when do you know if you should buy it ? I buy on impulse and I’m trying to control myself so i can’t decide whether to buy it or not.

posted almost 5 years ago
CrystalC
Style_council
CrystalC

Hmm tough call. Well I guess financially you have to be able to afford it without trouble. And then you should try to figure out how much you’ll actually wear the items/how much enjoyment you’ll get out of them in the long run. Also something to consider is how much stuff in your closet could go with the new things you want.

It’s really hard not to make shopping a completely emotional trip!

KarenKay
New_user KarenKay is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When KarenKay reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
KarenKay

I was reading What I Wore and a tip that she gives is to find the cost per wear: If you figure that you’ll wear it many times, then a high cost is probably worth it – on the other hand if you’re only likely to wear the piece once or twice ever, don’t bother paying much.

Definitely agree w/ CrystalC’s comment that you should make sure that you can actually wear it in the first place: It’s the most disappointing thing when you see a piece and find it amazing, buy it, bring it home, and realize that NOTHING goes with it (and then if you’re like me you go out and waste a ton more money buying stuff to go with it, hahahaha).

JUKILOVE
Style_council
JUKILOVE

I usually design/find a complete outfit and look for the pieces rather than buy a piece and match it to other pieces. Although the latter seems to work for most people, I can’t stand having pieces that I don’t know what to do with.

REPLY TO DISCUSSION