Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
RikkiMichelle
Style_council
RikkiMichelle

I’ve been wondering this for awhile. How do you know if you can become one? what do you think they look for in a person?

posted about 4 years ago
tanyabell
Style_council
tanyabell

If you are truly interested in modeling, look for a local agency that doesn’t charge you.

posted about 4 years ago

Tanyar123
Style_council
Tanyar123

I am not sure what they look for but I think the most important thing is to be committed to modeling, willing to travel, you must have the right attitude and you need to be able to take good shots.
That is my opinion, judging from what I see on ‘Americas Next Top Model’. I hope I have helped.

posted about 4 years ago

cutiepie63
Style_council
cutiepie63

First you have to meet the standards. If you want to be a runway model, you have to be at least 5’7’’. If you are shorter, you would still be able to model more everyday clothes for companies. You should have nice skin, nails, and hair. You need to practice looking good in pictures. Practice facial expressions, and smiling with you eyes; just learn to overall take a good picture. You should also be in shape. I don’t mean you should try to be as skinny as some runway models. Just workout regularly and eat healthy. Try to find an agency that won’t scam you. Sometimes all you need to do is google the company and people will say it’s a scam. Good luck!

posted about 4 years ago

IndigoWhisper
Style_council
IndigoWhisper

i used to have a book on this subject. There are certain body proportions a model should have. Also there are a few types of models, hair model, nail model, hand model etc. Personality is the thing the agents look for. There are a lot of pretty girls who have the right proportions but they just don’t fit the personality. You have to be ambitious, have good manners, have a goal, a plan and criteria.

posted about 4 years ago

ukiuki88
Style_council
ukiuki88

watching america’s next top model, the only rules that they emphasize are that the fashion industry does have standards especially about height, it you want to be couture runway model you have to be at least 5’9. although some top models are only 5’8. also you have to fit into the sample clothes, because as a model you’re just like a hanger for the garments.

but now there are all kinds of models, commercial models, catalog, petite, plus size that i think it’s more important to be determined and never give up. some models get rejected for jobs or agencies, it all depends on the “look” that they’re going for, but if you just keep going at it because modelling is your passion then i’m sure nothing can hold you back.

posted about 4 years ago

MurasakiNeko
Style_council
MurasakiNeko

Modeling really seems to be about matching your look with the agency that wants your look. Agencies and individual jobs will have very strict criteria they are looking for in a model including height, body proportions, and overall “look.” However, there are many categories of model with different criteria. For instance, obviously the criteria for high fashion models are very different from those of a plus-size commercial model or a hand model. Try to find the type of model you would work best as: research model types and agency criteria and then take a hard look at yourself to determine where you fit.

You should also be photogenic. (Some people are, some people aren’t and it makes a huge difference if you do any print work). Some modeling jobs will require lots of travel or changing your look (cutting your hair, etc) so be sure you’re okay with that, too. And personality matters: Be professional and easy to work with (not a diva!), but know your stuff.

If you really want to be a model, do your research, figure out your strengths, and practice your skills like posing, walking, etc. Knowing the industry and how you fit into it is a huge asset to finding work, too. As with any job, modeling is about bringing your skills to those who want to pay you for them. Being savvy, well-practiced, and ambitious will help you out.

posted about 4 years ago

alyshamari
Style_council
alyshamari

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXJ5JP3ljiU

This girl is awesome, and she’s got tonnes of experience. Oh, and she’s awesome.

posted about 4 years ago

maddiejayy
Style_council
maddiejayy

I wanna model!

posted about 2 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION