Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
thatsstellar
Style_council
thatsstellar

Sometimes I feel too overwhelmed…any tips?

posted over 1 year ago
Umbrellastripes
Style_council
Umbrellastripes

-Grab your ipod and go for a jog or a walk somewhere enjoyable, that always calms me down.

posted over 1 year ago

Blessedwithmusic
Style_council
Blessedwithm...

For me personally, religion plays a huge role in my life, so to de-stress I will read encouraging verses in my Bible. Examples are John 14:27 and 1 Peter 5:7. I also listen to a lot of music when I’m stressed, so definitely find some music that makes you happy or calms you down. If life feels overwhelming, it might be an indication that you need to more carefully organize your time or prioritize your to-do list. Hope this helps!

posted over 1 year ago

ElloLove77
Style_council
ElloLove77

When I feel overwhelmed, I organize. If I’m overwhelmed, it’s usually because there’s too much going on and it feels chaotic. So, I write down everything I have to do, figure out what needs to be done, and then work at it bit by bit. Some good music, hot tea, and a cookie helps, too. I also like to find my favorite mind-clearing activity.

posted over 1 year ago

SarawrSmiles
Style_council
SarawrSmiles

When ever i’m stressed or upset, I always drink water. It can be surprisingly healing. Music can also be helpful.

posted over 1 year ago

FakeBlikeu
Style_council
FakeBlikeu

Music helps me a lot, and exercising helps a lot if you feel down.

posted over 1 year ago

QueenMaa
New_user QueenMaa is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When QueenMaa reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
QueenMaa

I do yoga and it really relaxes you. I also try to surround myself with positive people. I am learning not to worry about things that I can’t control. (that really helps) Taking a nice warm shower also relaxes me too. I eat a nice healthy diet. Lots of fresh fruits and vegetables.

posted over 1 year ago

LittleBee
Forum_moderator
LittleBee

Exercise and socializing with my group of friends keeps me healthy and happy. I know this might sound strange, but when I’m feeling stressed out I usually start cleaning my apartment. I mop, vacuum, and clean everything. It’s a bit tiring, but it’s a good way to get rid of my negative energy for me. Afterwards it gives me a sense of happiness and calmness.

posted over 1 year ago

misstiem
Style_council
misstiem

The way I keep myself calm, happy and healthy when I am overwhelmed or stressed is to read a book. It’s my way of taking a “break” from what’s going on in my life because I do get really into the book that I am reading. I also tend to go to the gym to take out any frustration, which is a good thing to do when you’re frustrated. I also can agree with [Blessedwithmusic], I have a faith and I do look towards verses to lift my spirits.

posted over 1 year ago

Ayesharonaify
Style_council
Ayesharonaify

put headphones on and listen to good music. it clams me down alot. hope it helps

posted over 1 year ago

JeannieRichard
Shop_seller_2 JeannieRichard is a Chictopia seller who has been hand-picked by our editors to sell merchandise on our website.

Chictopia sellers carry fashion forward products and ensure great customer experience. Click here if you are interested in selling your merchandise on Chictopia.
JeannieRichard

feeling overwhelmed at times is normal and I suppose it comes with experiences in life one faces that mellows a person’s perception of life and how to cope with what life has to offer. personally, God plays a fundamental role in my life, and He truly is one that will never double-standard His words. this is a long-term solution.
and of course, happy soothing music is an instant mood lifter.

posted over 1 year ago

BcoolNgreat
Style_council
BcoolNgreat

Buddhism has a lot to offer to calm a mind. You don’t have to read all the Buddhism that there is or change your religion to practise it for it is a way of life. When I need to calm my mind, I close my eyes and focus on my breathing. Focus on your stomach expanding and contracting with exhaling and inhaling- do it about 5 times. But you must really focus.

posted over 1 year ago

BcoolNgreat
Style_council
BcoolNgreat

Buddhism has a lot to offer to calm a mind. You don’t have to read all the Buddhism that there is or change your religion to practise it for it is a way of life. When I need to calm my mind, I close my eyes and focus on my breathing. Focus on your stomach expanding and contracting with exhaling and inhaling- do it about 5 times. But you must really focus.

posted over 1 year ago

s0denesha
New_user s0denesha is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When s0denesha reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
s0denesha

To be healthy I take vitamins, drinks lots of water, and make sure I get enough sleep. I try to surround myself with people who make me happy. But for some reason I feel like one day I wont have anyone to make me smile or laugh, hopefully I get over that. I’m really happy right now and to calm down I talk to myself and count in my head.

posted over 1 year ago

RoyalRinglets
Style_council
RoyalRinglets

I listen to music, read a book, look a blogs for inspiration, do some art or even some work to distract myself.

posted over 1 year ago

GellerAlexandra
Style_council
GellerAlexandra

have you ever heard of ‘’ wreck this journal ’’ ? :D

posted over 1 year ago

GellerAlexandra
Style_council
GellerAlexandra

have you ever heard of ‘’ wreck this journal ’’ ? :D

posted over 1 year ago

penelope204
Style_council
penelope204

I cry to let it all out and then I try to have a positive attitude towards things. Also sleeping

posted over 1 year ago

BeyondLustre
Forum_moderator
BeyondLustre

Trying to create a schedule to get everything done, and then rewarding yourself if you finish ahead of time is great for managing a busy schedule. As for destressing-yoga, running, or a drink with friends will all work wonders!

posted over 1 year ago

sensenotcents
Style_council
sensenotcents

Revisit with an old friend. Drink tea. Get dressed up.

posted over 1 year ago

wishingwellandsuch
Style_council
wishingwella...

meditate! exercise! and be sure you eat a balanced diet and drink a lot of water throughout every single day.

posted over 1 year ago

daria88ro
New_user daria88ro is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When daria88ro reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
daria88ro

I’m very optimistic and I always say that the life is so short and beautiful, it not worth to get angry or hate somebody.

posted over 1 year ago

lindajudour
Style_council
lindajudour

You should try going to the gym or play sports, relieving your stress in exercising really helps. Listening to music also helps calm me down. Or you can take a walk by a bay, it’s really soothing.

posted over 1 year ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION