Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
freedyriver
Style_council
freedyriver

Winter is here! So, how do we dress for it…?

posted over 5 years ago
jeltjie
Style_council
jeltjie

Skinny jeans tucked into leather boots. It keeps you much dryer and warmer. Big woolen coat and a solid umbrella. And then add the hats, scarves and gloves. Ready!
http://midnightravel.blogspot.com/

posted over 5 years ago

jetaime
Style_council
jetaime

I basically layer!
if it’s really cold I’ll wear an extra tank top under a dress
and then woolen tights
and whatever shoes
and a scarf
and if it’s raining I wear a hat

posted over 5 years ago

rowena_jordana
Style_council
rowena_jordana

My mary poppins umbrella is my best friend…
and sometimes i use my hello kitty rain coat

and definitly no open shoes, unless it’s a warm day in the summer…

posted over 5 years ago

hotfudgexd
Style_council
hotfudgexd

My red poca-dotted rain boots!
Long sleeved t-shirt
jeans
vest
jumper
huge knitted scarf that my grandma made
and a coat

it kinda gets cold as well..
xx

posted over 5 years ago

ctee
Style_council
ctee

white fabric. hah i joke.

Long sleeved dresses with tights and boots to make sure your feet don’t get wet. I hate wet feet.

posted over 5 years ago

Akiamy
Style_council
Akiamy

Jeans, boots, parka.

I never wear sweaters because they get all soggy and smell weird.

posted over 5 years ago

alexisthegreat
Style_council
alexisthegreat

even though it’s winter i still dress like it’s summer. and people stare at me. hahaha.

posted over 5 years ago

lynnisms
Style_council
lynnisms

Stockings, scarves and beanies. :]

posted over 5 years ago

StreakingScarlettVTG
Style_council
StreakingSca...

I live in Manchester England and it constantly seems to rain, i wear boots i hate getting soggy feet.

posted over 5 years ago

poorandweird
Style_council
poorandweird

i wear boots. DMs or my new red or deads … gotta be leather to withstand anything.

on days when it’s not TIPPING it down i wear converse, because they’ll cover my feet and won’t get 100% soaked unless i step in a puddle or summat.

and always layer a LOT. get a cute umbrella and wear a coat over it all to stay dry!

posted over 5 years ago

Chesterography
Style_council
Chesterography

I wear whatever I wear everyday.. to the disappointment of my parents. Why let a little rain stomp on your fashion parade?

posted over 5 years ago

flypinay
Style_council
flypinay

jeans tucked into boots or (really cute) galoshes, a scarf, leather gloves, an overcoat w/ a hood and hella layers underneath

posted over 5 years ago

geekbonchic
Style_council
geekbonchic

I’m surprised no one has mentioned gabardine. I don’t think I can pull off a standard strictly military trench right now, but I’d love some sort of trench cape or short trench. No muss, no fuss.

posted over 5 years ago

paulette_hoover
Style_council
paulette_hoover

A MUST HAVE!!!

Really good quality footwear is a must when fighting the forces of nature. So a good solid pair of boots is an essential. Yes, you might have to cough up some dough, but its well worth the purchase.

posted over 5 years ago

ParisTarts
Style_council
ParisTarts

Good footwear….lots of layers and 3 scarfs!

posted over 5 years ago

Sorcha
Style_council
Sorcha

I live in the west of Ireland so we get maybe 10 rain-free days a year. If we’re lucky. I just carry an umbrella with me everwhere, it’s the one thing I never leave the house without. I usually don’t really dress for the rain, but on days when it’s raining heavily I always wear a dress/skirt or skinny jeans. Avoid wide-leg jeans in the rain or you’ll be wet up to your knees.
Sturdy shoes would probably come in handy too and make sure you avoid suede cause the rain will ruin it.

posted over 5 years ago

hollywood_seeks
Style_council
hollywood_seeks

Lately it’s been freezing, and maybe a bit rainy so i’ve been layering up with extra pairs of tights, and als oa cute vest underneath clothes to keep cosy :P

I usually put my DMs on though, because then I can splash about and not even care about it!

And I adore scarfs, so I’ll put a scarf on too, and my amazing Paddington Bear (duffle) coat :D

posted over 5 years ago

jo_branscomb
Style_council
jo_branscomb

Rain boots and loose fitting jeans.

posted over 4 years ago

ayexlovee
Style_council
ayexlovee

i wear a peacoat rain booots chunky scarf and a colorful berett.<33
keeping warm is the key

posted over 4 years ago

DayTripper__
Style_council
DayTripper__

I agree with Chesterography. I wear exactly what I would wear if it weren’t raining, only holding an umbrella as well!

Yesterday it was down pouring and extremely windy and I still wore my trusty skirt, a pair of black tights and some flats. Got a little wet but certainly looked just fine once I was inside.

posted over 4 years ago

JusticePirate
Style_council
JusticePirate

I dress the same in the rain as I do for everything else. . .because I love the rain. No umbrellas or anything for me either. I will wear heels, go barefoot, the whole thing. haha.

posted over 4 years ago

the_ed
Style_council
the_ed

I wear what I want to, but I make sure the materials of what I’m wearing (esp. shoes & jacket) won’t be ruined by rain. I’d hate to ruin my suede jacket just because I got a little wet.

posted over 4 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION