patlaenz
Style_council
patlaenz

i cant deal with them,my last bf was like that,you end up sick

posted over 1 year ago

lindajudour
Style_council
lindajudour

That’s a tough one because people will always judge no matter who or where you are. You just have to learn to cope with them in your own ways, they’re unavoidable.

posted over 1 year ago

yamilesx
Style_council
yamilesx

Thanks, Great Advice. I Can’t Stand Judgemental People I Like People With Great Vibes.

posted over 1 year ago

Blessedwithmusic
Style_council
Blessedwithm...

I feel like the word “judgmental” means different things to different people, and in different contexts. If the person who is “judging” you is doing so specifically to make you feel bad and make themselves look better, then it is for the wrong reasons and you should confront them about it – if you know them well enough and are comfortable doing so. Let them know how it makes you feel and ask them to please stop. Otherwise, if they refuse to change, let them go, avoid them. On the other hand, sometimes what we perceive to be “judgment” is really just people trying to point out our flaws, the ones that NEED to be changed, so we can live better lives. In those cases, I think it’s wise to listen to what they have to say. So it really comes down to discerning what is constructive or not constructive to pay attention to. :)

posted over 1 year ago

yamilesx
Style_council
yamilesx

Thanks My Love :).

posted over 1 year ago

AnErin
Style_council
AnErin

Everyone is judgmental to some degree. The question is – do they act stupid like trying to start a fight, laugh, make rude remarks etc, or do they keep their opinions to themselves?

When someone is alone, they are unlikely to act stupid. There is no one to impress. It is when they are in groups of 3 or more that they have the courage to start crap.

Common advice is making some snarky remark back to the smart asses but that tends to escalate things, since they want the last word. You just have to remember that when someone is talking crap about you whether they are alone or in their little clique – by them acting stupid, they are drawing more negative attention to themselves than to you.

I guess it is easy to say “ignore it” but yeah idiots are annoying. You want to hurt them. But as I said – they are not gonna spat off unless they are with friends and you are alone. You could wait til that day they are alone and you are also alone, then scare the crap out of them. They have already proven they are chicken sine they needed their buddies.
Or, you could just not associate with them period.

No one has room to judge. Even if someone DOES have such room, they typically don’t cause they need not stoop to such childishness.

You have to look at the people giving you a hard time. They DO feel bad about themselves and are desparately trying to raise their own esteem by stepping on others. It just doesn’t work.

posted over 1 year ago

DelightfulDecember
Style_council
DelightfulDe...

Ever since childhood, I know a relative’s spouse who is always like that, that person’s judgements weren’t good nor helpful. So that particular person will always be that way, the best I can do is just ignore it and not be near that person at family gatherings.

posted over 1 year ago

LaraTakahashi
Style_council
LaraTakahashi

As long as I hurt no one, I have the right to be as I am. I also don’t judge others as long as they don’t hurt/offend anyone.

If someone tells me I should change, I just tell me I am happy the way I am.
If it’s kind advice, I thank and if it makes sense, perhaps even think about it’s never a bad thing trying to understand other people’s point of view.
If it’s an arrogant remark, then I just prolly tell that I cannot please everyone ;)
And if someone is really malicious (calling me ugly on my blog etc, I just troll them a lil bit by telling them “Oh shit, boohoo cries ;))”

People who talk behind my back → ignore.

posted over 1 year ago

lauren922
Style_council
lauren922

I just try to think that I am better than that and try to focus on myself rather than them. It does depend on the situation though

posted over 1 year ago

deborah08
Style_council
deborah08

People will always judge you. Haters gonna hate – let them. Just be happy in spite of it :]

posted over 1 year ago

sittinginthestars
New_user sittinginthestars is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When sittinginthestars reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
sittinginthe...

I used to care about everything people said about me, good or bad. That’s how I wound up depressed and in the hospital. It is so hard trying to ignore those people, but it necessary. I just try to matter that a month, or a year, or 5 years from that moment that person wont matter. They will just be a faded memory, if I even remember them at all. Overly judgmental people judge because they are insecure with themselves. I guess I just try to get over them, thinking that they don’t really matter in the long run. In the course of a lifetime what does it really matter.

posted over 1 year ago

debiparna_c
Style_council
debiparna_c

i can deal with judgmental people. we all judge each other. i try not to but we all do it. it gets to me when someone is being hypocritical or is being mean. i try to confront such people.

posted over 1 year ago

EvelynJ
Style_council
EvelynJ

it’s hard to deal with these kind of people…

posted over 1 year ago

LiltLife
Style_council
LiltLife

Just be yourself and be confident, don’t listen to others opinions. You only live once so you can waste time with silly people. The classy response to a bad remark is nothing. Eventually when people cannot get a rise out of you, they give up. After being bullied my whole life, I got stronger and started standing up for myself and just cut the fat out of my life. If a person does nothing for you, cut them out.

posted over 1 year ago

KimGirard
Style_council
KimGirard

I like to act like I don’t care, but deep down I do care. However, I don’t really let it become a huge factor in determining how to live my life. It’s more like I’ll acknowledge the fact that people are judging me and that’s pretty much to it. There is not much I can do. If people don’t like how I behave or dress, then that’s their problem, not necessarily mine.

posted about 1 year ago

Nessbow
New_user Nessbow is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When Nessbow reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
Nessbow

I try not to pay them any attention. I figure that you’ll never make everyone happy, so you might as well focus on pleasing yourself. If someone does make a judgemental comment to me, I try to remind myself that it probably has more to do with the way they see themselves than with anything I’ve done. That seems to help me.

posted about 1 year ago

nitab
Style_council
nitab

just go with the saying from Bob Marley, “Who are you to judge the life i live? i know i’m not perfect, and i don’t live to be. But before you start pointing fingers, make sure your hands are clean.” I always keep that in mind when dealing with judgemental people.

posted about 1 year ago

aboutthatnerdlyfe
New_user aboutthatnerdlyfe is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When aboutthatnerdlyfe reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
aboutthatner...

I just ignore them. Everyone has a right to their own opinion, but that includes myself as well. Judgmental people care wayyyyyy to much about others and not enough about themselves, so whatever they say, I take it one ear and let it leave the other. I don’t really waste my time with them.

posted about 1 year ago

penelope204
Style_council
penelope204

just ignore

posted about 1 year ago

Illuminate
Style_council
Illuminate

I do my best to avoid them.

It seeps into my subconscious and eventually, I find myself second guessing who I am and judgmental thoughts take over. I’d rather live and let live and feel freedom internally.

Toxic energy is overwhelming and exhausting. It’s ok if it slips out every now and then. We are all human but overall it’s better having people around that nurture. To encourage you on, whichever path you chose.

posted about 1 year ago

K_J_O
New_user K_J_O is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When K_J_O reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
K_J_O

Stay away from this type of people.. Stay neutral Even I think If you care what other people think About you, You are an idiot..

posted about 1 year ago

dorathelauren
Style_council
dorathelauren

i don’t. i try not to associate with them and avoid them as best i can. and if i can’t, then i’ll be curt in our interactions

posted about 1 year ago

FakeBlikeu
Style_council
FakeBlikeu

I don’t. I personally hate this kind of people and I just try to avoid them as much as I can, because they bring negativity in our lives.

posted 12 months ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION