Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
norellehannah
Style_council
norellehannah

I met and began dating my boyfriend about a year ago. We’re both in high school, and everybody says that it’ll never last and that one never marries his or her high school sweetheart, but I feel such a connection with him, and he makes me so happy, that I think he’s the one I want to be with for the rest of my life. I hate to sound whiny and immature, but I don’t think anybody (or at least anybody I know) quite understands how much I love him, and it troubles me that nobody has enough faith in either of us to trust that we might last for a long time. Thoughts?

posted about 2 years ago
minimalistpanda
Style_council
minimalistpanda

My boyfriend and I have been dating since junior year of hs, and now we are college sophomores. I know that most people think HS relationships never last, but I think that each relationship is different, and that generalization can’t be applied to everyone.

posted about 2 years ago

Umbrellastripes
Style_council
Umbrellastripes

Me and my high school boyfriend didn’t last but we just weren’t suited for each other. My best friends parents have been together since grade 10 or 11 and they are still married.

posted about 2 years ago

catiebeatty
Forum_moderator
catiebeatty

Remember: This is your relationship, not their’s! Sure, it can be hard to keep a relationship going, but that is true at any age. Also keep in mind that, since you’re both young, you both still have a lot of “growing” to do, which can put some pressure on things. You may find, after graduating, that you want to go in different directions or just don’t connect like you do now, but you won’t know until you actually get there! For now, just enjoy the connection you feel and the love :D Even if you do break up in the distant future, love should never be a regret :)

One last thing. One of my BFF’s from high school married her high school sweetheart the Christmas after we graduated in 2003 and they’re still together!! So don’t let anyone tell you it never lasts.

posted about 2 years ago

claudiakitten
Style_council
claudiakitten

My boyfriend and I are high school sweethearts and we are going on three years.

posted about 2 years ago

Smash86
Style_council
Smash86

I’ve been dating my fiance since I was 16 :) It’s almost 10 years for us together and I can’t believe it! It’s hard to keep a relationship going once you become adults, you can both change alot and maybe want different things. The most important thing is to be honest and trust each other.

posted about 2 years ago

Evson
Style_council
Evson

Don’t let it go into your head… There are always exception of every statistic or rule… And I would be glad If you and ur boyfriend will be one of these people who last till the end of their lives and further =)) Just live, love, date and etc…

posted about 2 years ago

itsraininglavender
New_user itsraininglavender is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When itsraininglavender reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
itsrainingla...

ahhh you sound just like me :D me and my boyfriend have been dating for about the same amount of time and i love him to pieces, he’s my best friend and we have such a connection, i know exactly what you mean here! People tell me the same thing all the time too. I have met several people who did marry their high school sweethearts, its not as rare as the cynical types make it seem. My grandparents met their freshman year and they just celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary. So i’m pretty sure its not as rare as we all think :)

posted about 2 years ago

IdeaSquirrel
Style_council
IdeaSquirrel

Well I met my boyfriend at the beginning of my Freshman year (and his Senior Year) and we’ve been dating ever since we met. I’m now in college and he is in the Air Force. He’s always gone and we make it work.
If you really like this boy I wouldn’t let what other people think bother you. (No one thought me and my boyfriend would last past a month and we’ve been dating like four years.) But just think that whatever happens: happens and that everything happens for a reason. ;)
Always stay positive. I’m sure y’all will be fine.

posted about 2 years ago

amberleetea
Style_council
amberleetea

I think it’s different for everyone. Personally, my high school relationship of 3 years ended once I reached college and soon after, I found the man of my dreams (; However, I do think HS relationships can last if you make them last!

posted about 2 years ago

cynchmolina
Style_council
cynchmolina

Well, if it can withstand the test of time, then why not? :) There’s really nothing wrong marrying early, as long as you can provide for it.

posted about 2 years ago

HotPants
Style_council
HotPants

it might. You won’t know until you get there. I dated my last boyfriend for 4 years and I still love him as much as I hate to say it but we just weren’t good for each other. So be kind and appreciative of each other and just enjoy the time you have. It’s all a learning experience.

posted about 2 years ago

camerakind
Style_council
camerakind

it’s possible! my bf and i were together for 4 years. junior – senior year of hs and freshman – sophomore year of college. it could have lasted longer but he wanted to transfer out to better schools and did so a few times (coming to and from each semester). it was driving me crazy. we ended things but as long as both of you are on the same page i don’t see why it shouldn’t last! ignore everyone who says otherwise! only you two know how ya’ll truly feel for each other :)

posted about 2 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION