Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
myfashionswap
Style_council
myfashionswap

I have been going round and round with my (former) drycleaner over a $600 jacket they ruined. They say the jacket is supposed to look all rippled and wrinkled. BAH!

I have been back and forth with them several times and they have finally got really rude with me. What should I do?

posted over 5 years ago
thefieldsofelysium
Shop_seller_2 thefieldsofelysium is a Chictopia seller who has been hand-picked by our editors to sell merchandise on our website.

Chictopia sellers carry fashion forward products and ensure great customer experience. Click here if you are interested in selling your merchandise on Chictopia.
thefieldsofe...

well, if you already talked (repeatedly) to the manager of the drycleaner and s/he is refusing to acknowledge the mistake, then i say screw it. it’s a waste of time. you could go to a different drycleaner and see if the people there have any advice for you.

if the jacket really has been irreversibly damaged, then you could contact the store/company you bought it from and see if it has any recommendations (maybe even a replacement??) for you. (i don’t know how long ago you purchased your jacket, but it might help to still have the receipt around.)

posted over 5 years ago

ctee
Style_council
ctee

I think I remember my teacher saying that you could sue. Although that would be very costly. As long as the jacket had instructions on how to wash it (heat, iron, no iron, etc).

posted over 5 years ago

geekbonchic
Style_council
geekbonchic

Contact the Better Business Bureau and file a complaint. Also, see if you can talk with the local chamber of commerce and get them involved.

posted over 5 years ago

InstantVintage
Style_council
InstantVintage

In addition to talking to the BBB, you should threaten to sue. Sounds crazy, but sometimes it works. I’m sure they don’t want to lose $600 to you, but if they ruined your jacket, they need to be reminded that they are liable for the damage one way or another.

posted over 5 years ago

blackheartbunny
Style_council
blackheartbunny

When my cleaners ruined my dress I sued, but I didn’t get the full amount to replace it which was retarded. Judges don’t know anything about fashion! But it def. was better than being out of all my money, for $600 I think it’s worth it to sue. Do you have b/f pictures and a copy of the receipt or somehow prove the price of replacement?

posted over 5 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION