Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
reginaphalange
Style_council
reginaphalange

I met this guy a few days ago. Since then, we’ve been on one coffee date. He asked me on another date for today several days ago. He’s been calling me every day or texting me since we met and seemed really into me. He even said that this date would be an adventure and asked me if I prefer planned events or spontaneity. I told him spontaneity…he set up a date at one of my favorite art galleries. I told him today would work. He did not call me. It was a real bummer. I don’t put up with this, and what’s most confusing is that he really seemed to like me, and behavior like this is not cool or consistent with someone who likes me. I did not call or text him, so I figure if he calls, I just will tell him I can’t go out with him. I mean, he should have called. I’m not being too harsh, am I? I won’t let him ruin my night: I’m going to spend it with my friends and not sweat it. Still, I’m bothered by it. It makes me really feel hurt. I’m right not to go out with him again, correct?

posted about 5 years ago
chicchica_bonita
New_user chicchica_bonita is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When chicchica_bonita reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
chicchica_bo...

For the most part, you are right, but keep in mind other possibilities…If he can come up with a decent reason, then maybe a little forgiveness is in order. Second chances are always deserved, but have caution. And going out with your friends is a great thing!!! Besides, this guy is new, so give it some time. He could have stuff going on, and feel sincerely bad, or he could be a player lol You could try contacting him just once, but if he makes no move, then don’t bother any more and move on, be damned him!

posted about 5 years ago

Mayia
Style_council
Mayia

The answer is simple: NO.
If he would be really into you, he’d call. Thus, move on and don’t waste your time with self-conscious thoughts. You are fabulous and deserve nothing but the best!

posted about 5 years ago

Tho
Style_council
Tho

hm..well listen to his explanation first. :]

posted about 5 years ago

Catherinee
Style_council
Catherinee

If you’re doubting it, follow your instincts.

posted about 5 years ago

camerakind
Style_council
camerakind

I agree with Catherine as well as Tho, hm. but I’m kinda in the same situation as yourself, or was. He purposely didn’t call/text me because he wanted to see if I would if he hadn’t. I was upset, I don’t like tests like that in the “talking” zone and relationships but he gave a good point. He was putting in a lot of effort w texting and calling me and making plans, if I didn’t follow through on my end-try, why should he.

posted about 5 years ago

melissag
Style_council
melissag

If your doubting it already i wouldnt waste time.

posted about 5 years ago

Geniaaa
Style_council
Geniaaa

Well, personally….you never know what could have happened…you never want to jump and run before you even know whats going on. Dont jump just because everyone else is.

You could have called him, yeah I know it sounds stupid, but you would be the bigger person in the situation. You figure out whats up, make him let you know whats going on that way your not left in the dark as to whats going on with your date or between the two of you.

Whats the worse that could happen…either you go knowing and move on.
Or just keep wondering “what if”, and no one likes that feeling.

<3

posted about 5 years ago

majelheart
Style_council
majelheart

i think you should have texted and asked whats up

posted about 5 years ago

splashofcolour
Style_council
splashofcolour

I agree with Geniaaa and majelheart, you could have called him. For all you know he could have had some issues at the time or been in an accident or something and not been able to call you.
Plus he’s probably bummed that you haven’t called him. Yea he should have called you to arrange something else, but it hardly shows that you like him when you give him the impression that you don’t even seem to care that he didn’t show.

Totally give him a second chance. It’s like he’s done something horrendous like cheat on you. Besides, it’s early days, maybe it’s something that is out of character for him and won’t happen all the time.

posted about 5 years ago

Geniaaa
Style_council
Geniaaa

^^well said!
=D

posted about 5 years ago

BukuDoll
Style_council
BukuDoll

All I know is if a guy pulled this stunt with me and didn’t even bother calling, he’d better be in the E.R. or dead, because there are no other excuses for that crap!
Don’t you just hate it when someone lets you down? :(

posted almost 5 years ago

short_sweet
Style_council
short_sweet

yeah you’re definitly right not to go out with him
unless his exscuse is extra good
you’re gorguse and you deserve someone who’ll never let you down :)

posted over 4 years ago

boredstephanie
Style_council
boredstephanie

I pretty much agree with the other girls. If he has a good reason (ie. someone in his family died or something) then you should forgive him. If he just forgot, tell him to hit the road

posted over 4 years ago

RayofSunshine91
Style_council
RayofSunshine91

maybe something happened…why dont you listen to what he has to say first. if his excuse is bs or he just doensnt have one then yeah dont go out with him again. but a guy doesnt go out of his way to plan a date at one of your favorite places if he doesnt like you.

posted over 4 years ago

maliamazing
Style_council
maliamazing

maybe you can just give him another chance?

posted over 4 years ago

GlammcouturE
Style_council
GlammcouturE

I agree with you for the most part! But the thing is, you need to talk to him to see what happened. Maybe he had a good reason why he couldn’t make it. Don’t get me wrong, he still should have called/txted to tell you that he couldnt make it, but perhaps something happened. However, if his reason is lame…don’t give him another chance.

posted over 4 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION