Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
GirlsOftheNYC
Style_council
GirlsOftheNYC

Hey, I was wondering if anyone (America or Non-American…. everyone) had any advice/tips/information on going and applying to Uni or Graduate school outside of the U.S. (I’m mostly interested in Europe but I’m open to anywhere) for American students. I’m a sophomore student in college/uni in the U.S. now and I’m really interested in graduate school or just moving out of the country after I graduate.

-Kay

posted over 1 year ago
catiebeatty
Forum_moderator
catiebeatty

I would definitely talk with your advisor, as they might have some good advice. Or they may know of an organization or person you can contact that can help you.

posted over 1 year ago

robin77
Style_council
robin77

Depending what your major will be, prof’s from your undergraduate department may know people at universities outside the USA. It’s all about contacts. First find out what college or univ has a strong program in your field, than ask in your dept. They may “know someone who knows someone”. Who has a strong program? Look in professional journals; see who is doing research in an area that interests you…how many articles have they contributed? Does he/she have a good reputation? Grad school is not an extension of your 4-year degree, it is hard work and almost a full-time job. Good luck!

posted over 1 year ago

marushka
Style_council
marushka

Depending on what you are studying, also check to see if there are any fellowships or scholarships that could help you academically and financially. Fulbrights are an obvious choice, but some U.S.-based schools have exchange fellowships with schools abroad, and European schools often have government, EU or United Nations-sponsored study opportunities. Best of luck!

posted over 1 year ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION