Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
solybBy
Style_council
solybBy

So what would you guys wear for your graduation, or where would you go for a nice outfit?
I have a couple idea’s on what I want to wear to mine’s.

BUT im undecided.

UPDATE 5/22:

NOW IT SEEMS WE WILL BE GOING TO THE CLUB AFTERWARDS…..now whats the advice

posted over 4 years ago
imsilly
Style_council
imsilly

When I graduated school I was probably wearing some scuffed brogues and an old T-shirt because I was on holiday in Spain.

When I graduated University I believe was sitting in a park in North London in some beat up Levi’s and an old Liberty’s shirt (I’d had for about 5 years because I couldn’t afford to buy new clothes the whole time I was studying). I was still to poor to afford a holiday.

Both times I wasn’t at the ceremony because lets face it the important part was over and you don’t go through all the bullshit and stress to perform a fashion parade for other people’s grandparents. I mean I didn’t educate myself to please anyone else and I certainly didn’t do it for a pat on the back or to go to any ceremonies to let anyone else bask in the reflective glory. I don’t think anyone should.

Maybe It’s a British thing, but I love the sweet feeling of achieving something without having to shove it in people’s faces. Though I knew I wanted to enjoy the moment and that meant I wanted to be sitting in the sun halfcut and not sweating under a gown. I know people feel different about the whole matter and dig the pomp and circumstance, but it’s always best to remain stoical if you do attend. It’s just another step in life towards ultimately getting what you want from your existance. I mean you don’t get a ceremony and certificate for losing your viginity or getting your first jobs and they still feel just as satisfying.

Anyway my point is in a kinda of obtuse way is have fun, don’t care about what you should wear. If you are going to a graduation day and you thinking about your shoes, unless you go to fashion school you are kinda missing the point.

posted over 4 years ago

solybBy
Style_council
solybBy

By all means I fully acknowledge my accomplishments. I LOVE FASHION, so I think that on MY graduation day (after working so hard with the circumstances I had) I derserve to look & feel my best. Honestly if I attended graduation is sweats and sneakers it would not feel special at all to me, but that’s just me !. Im actually required to wear heels so that my gown will not reach the floor, so hey . . . might as well dress it all up well. Maybe its culture difference, but IM PUERTO RICAN, living in U.S and to us its a pretty big deal, since statistics are so high when it comes to dropouts. >:|

posted over 4 years ago

Nkarm1
Style_council
Nkarm1

I have my graduation too! It’s next month. I haven’t decided yet, but I’ve found a gorgouse dress which hopefully will be found in my size once I go back to the store :P It has a champagne coloured bottom with ruffles, and it’s black at the top. I’m going to wear it with heels or over the-knee-boots… and accesorize

try to find a dress that fits in the summer, but still make it classy and formal for the event. Most things will work, and make it awesome with nice heels and accesoriez…

My graduation is really important to me. I don’t wanna miss it, because I’ve worked really hard at getting here, so I feel like I deserve to celebrate it. And also this is probably the last time I’ll see my classmates or 90% of the school all together. So it’s something fun and memorable you will look back on in 10 years, and be happy I went through with it. :)

posted over 4 years ago

pandaphilia
Style_council
pandaphilia

I just wore a knee length bright dress but my huge gown covered everything up. I didn’t really take off my gown for more than 10 minutes, so honestly it didn’t matter.

posted over 4 years ago

snow
Style_council
snow

I’m Puerto Rican living in a major US city as well and I’m not going to my graduation.

However, I will say I have worn dresses and heels to all graduations I have previously attended.

posted over 4 years ago

_nonchalant
Style_council
_nonchalant

I wore a skirt, shirt, and heels. Almost all of the girls had heels on, but you can’t really see anyones outfit. It’s covered up by the gown :[. It was so hot when I went outside too with the gown on and everything so I was glad I wore something light.

posted over 4 years ago

solybBy
Style_council
solybBy

hmm interesting :)
its important for me to look my best , me & my family will be going out soon after
my graduation is towards evening

posted over 4 years ago

LoveLetter
Style_council
LoveLetter

My grad is next week: I’m wearing a one shoulder red floor length dress that looks exactly like the one that Anne Hathaway wore to the oscars.
I’m wearing that to the banquet, but I have no idea what to wear to the ceremony!

Advice?

posted over 4 years ago

libys11
Style_council
libys11

my grad is next week!! june 2 to be precise! :D

i wasn’t planning on getting any fancy dress whatsoever.. i was just lucky to have received a dress recently and i think im going to wear it.

i want to restrain from wearing such a formal/fancy one since the last time i attended my bf’s graduation, some students were like wearing shorts and jeans.. hahaha!!

i got this denim dress from “shopfashionistette.com”: http://animatedconfessions.blogspot.com/2010/05/denim-nation.html

posted over 4 years ago

Reybeltane
Style_council
Reybeltane

Our graduation gowns for high school were white, so we all had to wear white dresses under them or else any color would’ve shown through. However, I thought all of us looked very classic and timeless in our white dresses, especially since graduation is in the summer/spring when pastels and white looks so nice!

posted over 4 years ago

Kayyy
Style_council
Kayyy

Just a cute black dress. Nothing too churchy, but not too sexy either.

posted over 4 years ago

camerakind
Style_council
camerakind

When I graduated I wore an electric blue dress that hit mid thigh w gold heels. The heels matched both my dress and my graduation gown which was a shiny green. it was outdoors and since my dress was nearly backless I had one of those adhesive bras from VS, where it has erm..tape? on the side, well the humidity and heat didnt help it stick to well so I was having to reach into my gown every now and then to adjust myself so you should try taking EVERYTHING into account when wearing undergarments and such. just make sure your heals match your gown and dress. oh and dont get something that bells out at the bottom of the dress, it would make your gown look poofy. and since youre going to dinner in the evening maybe something floral wouldnt go very well, thats just me thought. hmm i think thats about it :)

posted over 4 years ago

solybBy
Style_council
solybBy

:D thanks. we got a little over a week left, so still got time guess. Now it seem’s a group of us friends might all go out to the CLUB that same night !!! lol … now whats the advice

posted over 4 years ago

xxcorkscloset
Style_council
xxcorkscloset

I’d get a cute mini dress in nice color or pattern. You can wear a cardigan over it to make it look nicer for the graduation then take it off later for the club.

posted over 4 years ago

camerakind
Style_council
camerakind

hmm well i think what i wore would def fit into the club scene since it hit mid thigh and was electric blue, the front was also erm, kinda droopy ish so it showed a subtle amount of cleavage. id say go for a color, not a pattern. a vibrant color that goes w the color of the gown and heels. if youre not wearing a gown then choose something w a bold color but classy that you can later play it up w accessories. ask your girl friends who theyre gonna do it, im sure they have some great ideas :)

oh and i can def see something like this at a grad and club:

http://www.forever21.com/product.asp?catalog_name=FOREVER21&category_name=dress_dressy&product_id=2074027176&Page=all&pgcount=25

posted over 4 years ago

solybBy
Style_council
solybBy

WOOW that dress is super cute

posted over 4 years ago

Kayyy
Style_council
Kayyy

hmm. something dressy, not too skanky, but good for a club.
interesting dilemma…

posted over 4 years ago

hersweetdisposition
Style_council
hersweetdisp...

be classy, stay modest yet chic.

I would recommend something simple yet that could be dressed for the club with a quick addition of a few accessories. :D

posted over 4 years ago

Sarabear
Style_council
Sarabear

something modest, and classy, not too showy, its suppose to be formal

posted over 4 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION