Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
LittleWing
Style_council
LittleWing

In about a week me and a few friends are going to a gothic night club. I dont want to look like the odd one out…so…

I am just wondering what i should wear ?

Any ideas? Thankyou in advance xo

posted almost 4 years ago
maliamazing
Style_council
maliamazing

haha idk gothic clothes, Hot Topic?

LittleWing
Style_council
LittleWing

I live in australia, there is no hot topic.

coldlight
Style_council
coldlight

Ooh i’m from melbourne, where are you from?? I haven’t been to a goth night club, but i think something simple but dark would be good. Nothing too over the top of course, if it’s not your style- you don’t want to feel uncomfortable and look like you’re trying too hard to fit in! Even something like a black body con dress, lace or patterned tights, ankle booties and dark eye makeup would look good, and would fit in well enough I think!

MurasakiNeko
Style_council
MurasakiNeko

I agree with coldlight that you don’t want to push your comfort zone too far or look like you’re trying too hard. Work with what you have already in your closet, but stick to a dark palette for clothes and makeup. I think texture is really important in gothic style, so think about including some lace, velvet, or mesh if you can. And go for large, edgier accessories, especially in silver.

You might want to check in with what your friends are wearing, too. If they’ve gone to this club before or are familiar with the goth scene in the area, they might have some tips regarding appropriate dress code for you. Who knows, they might even have some accessories you could borrow for the night?

chicchica_bonita
New_user chicchica_bonita is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When chicchica_bonita reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
chicchica_bo...

i would go with a slinky long skirt, some platforms, and maybe a lace shirt. at least, thats what I envision as keeping it goth but simple. and don’t worry about beig stereotypical, just do whatever you please, cuz goths like that lol

veganhempster
Style_council
veganhempster

blackk laceyy

REPLY TO DISCUSSION