Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
_ReD_LiPsTiCk_
Style_council
_ReD_LiPsTiCk_

I <3 wearing make up and getting all dressed up for just a regular day but boyfriend hates when I wear make up and I dont think he would see a reason to get dressed up for a regular day. What should I do? When I wear make up around him all he does is tell me I dont need it, he barely likes lip gloss lol. I dont want to change my style and what I like for him but there has to be a middle ground…

posted about 3 years ago
soupsoua
New_user soupsoua is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When soupsoua reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
soupsoua

Well… Did you tell him why you like to dress up?

My baby says the same thing to me… but I know he secretly likes it. :D

Maybe you could say, “Thanks for loving me even without all of these things… but I enjoy dressing up and wearing make up. It makes me feel better good, and I enjoy it.”

:D Corny, I know. Something along that line.

posted about 3 years ago

_ReD_LiPsTiCk_
Style_council
_ReD_LiPsTiCk_

Thats a good approach. Usually I’ll just say okay and laugh it off. He says things like “What is that on your face” and “Make up today, I see”

posted about 3 years ago

CutCopyPaste
Style_council
CutCopyPaste

Tell him he’s being rude.

posted about 3 years ago

MurasakiNeko
Style_council
MurasakiNeko

Soupsoua has the right idea. I think guys sometimes worry we feel pressure to look good especially for them (and that is the case for many girls, sadly) so he probably just wants to make sure you know there’s no pressure and he thinks you’re beautiful no matter what. (And he may also feel a bit guilty that you always look so polished and feels he seems sloppy next to you!). I think you should let him know you appreciate the thought, but ultimately getting dolled up is part of who you are, you like doing it, and it’s not going to change— and that you don’t expect him to get all dressed up if that’s not who he is, either.

My boyfriend is similar in that he also makes lots of comments about how he thinks I’m most beautiful in pajamas with no makeup on, but he also knows I like dressing up— and as time has passed he’s actually gotten better about complimenting me when I’m dressed up, too, telling me he loves my style and that I always look good. Hopefully your boyfriend will “catch on,” too, and realize you’re still you whatever you wear and he doesn’t need to save your from your insecurities or anything like that.

Though a note on the lipgloss: He probably doesn’t like it because he doesn’t like kissing sticky lips! My boyfriend feels the same way (:

posted about 3 years ago

_ReD_LiPsTiCk_
Style_council
_ReD_LiPsTiCk_

That was very insightful. I never thought that much into it, just assumed he was being “funny” about me wearing makeup. I also think its a change for him because the two most important women in his life (his mother and his aunt) dont wear make up and very rarely get dressed up. I guess sometimes it does hurt my feelings because instead of him telling me I look nice he automatically gets to the things he doesn’t like. I am not saying I am looking for his approval but every girl wants to hear how pretty she looks especially when it takes hours lol.

posted about 3 years ago

_ReD_LiPsTiCk_
Style_council
_ReD_LiPsTiCk_

Thats the funny think i do keep it minimal. My everyday make up is mascara, lip gloss or lip stick and within the last week I started wearing blush. The only time I “cake it on” is a night out with the girls and he isn’t around when I go out with them.

posted about 3 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION