Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
lindajudour
Style_council
lindajudour

In the beginning of my relationship, it seemed as if my boyfriend didn’t mind shopping with me but as we got more comfortable with each other, he started dreading it.

Does your boyfriend/husband mind shopping with you or do you prefer to leave him at home?

posted over 1 year ago
ElloLove77
Style_council
ElloLove77

My boyfriend and I usually don’t go shopping together. (When we do, it’s usually because we’re running errands.) Shopping is something that my mom and I do together.

posted over 1 year ago

Terrafirma
Style_council
Terrafirma

nope

posted over 1 year ago

BeyondLustre
Forum_moderator
BeyondLustre

My boyfriend always wants to but I prefer shopping by myself.

posted over 1 year ago

jenniferelaine
New_user jenniferelaine is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When jenniferelaine reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
jenniferelaine

Only when it’s thrifting.

posted over 1 year ago

FakeBlikeu
Style_council
FakeBlikeu

nope

posted over 1 year ago

Lillyjo
Style_council
Lillyjo

Haha leave mine at home, we attempted one christmas shop together and had a very big embarassing fight in plain view of the whole shop.

posted over 1 year ago

SarawrSmiles
Style_council
SarawrSmiles

Haha no xP and when he does he’s really awkward about it xP

posted over 1 year ago

priscillaraq
Style_council
priscillaraq

He doesn’t shop with me and I really appreciate him for that because I love shopping alone.

posted over 1 year ago

Senta
Style_council
Senta

Usually not, but when we do shop together, it ends up in buying knifes and lingerie. (Pretty awkward…)

posted over 1 year ago

kaykaykay
Style_council
kaykaykay

he doesn’t actually participate in the shopping lol, but he comes with me & just follows me and holds the clothes i find.

posted over 1 year ago

Codydarkstalker
Style_council
Codydarkstalker

Always! I don’t want to buy things he doesn’t like and he helps carry things. Also, we get to look for stuff for him while I get stuff, which is nice since I tend to like picking out clothes for him.

posted over 1 year ago

UnicornCupcake
Style_council
UnicornCupcake

Always! My boyfriend and I both love fashion and have really similar tastes, we LOVE shopping at H&M together! It’s a shame more guys don’t love fashion as much!

posted over 1 year ago

misstiem
Style_council
misstiem

He likes to accompany me when we go shopping, as in STAY with me as I’m going through the racks. I personally don’t like when he does that just be cause I hate when people are waiting for me..lol That’s why in general I rather go shopping alone so I can take as much time as I’d like to :)

posted over 1 year ago

KittyKm
New_user KittyKm is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When KittyKm reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
KittyKm

My boyfriend does go shopping with me, half of the time it is because he doesn’t want to be far away from me (lol!) and the other half is because he is quite a bit of a shopper himself.

posted over 1 year ago

LittleBee
Forum_moderator
LittleBee

My ex boyfriend and I used to go shopping together all the time. He was as much of a shopper as I was so we would actually buy a lot of outfits to match each other. It was a lot of fun. I haven’t met any guy who enjoys doing that since.

posted over 1 year ago

Ashlie_Fay
Style_council
Ashlie_Fay

I’m really lucky in that my boyfriend enjoys shopping as much as I do, and he always helps me pick out some nice things. he’s also my voice of reason and stops me spending too much ;)
I used to enjoy shopping by myself!
As little bee has already said, we buy outfits together pretty much.
x

posted over 1 year ago

thecassiepaige
Style_council
thecassiepaige

I think I do most of my shopping with him – he’s really picky about things I like. He doesn’t like doing it but he does like helping me out. If I do wanna buy something I know he doesn’t like I just go by myself!

posted over 1 year ago

rosdiana
Style_council
rosdiana

no, he prefer waiting at cafe

posted over 1 year ago

AlisonRose
Style_council
AlisonRose

Mine hates it if he doesn’t get to go to a shop himself, or if I go to a charity shop and drag him around. Maybe just go to his shops more and press him to buy something for himself? They usually stay happy with a bag in their hand!

posted over 1 year ago

DollyDream
Style_council
DollyDream

Sometimes, I prefer to shop on my own because I always feel like I’m taking ages and holding him up…plus he follows so closely behind me that if I stop he walks into me, bless him he’s trying to help but I just get irritated and never end up buying anything

posted over 1 year ago

MuhLissUh
Style_council
MuhLissUh

I shop on my own plenty, and even buy my guy clothes sometimes when he’s too busy with work and needs a new shirt/jeans/etc. That being said, we shop together when we have the time. For clothes, for homewares, for anything design-centric. He’s a web designer, so design is important to him, and I like that the things we wear and dress our home with reflect our design preferences.

posted about 1 year ago

Illuminate
Style_council
Illuminate

He comes, only because he knows that it makes me happy. I don’t know that he always enjoys it but it helps if there is a male department in the same store. He can do his thing and I can do mine and we can eventually share the moment together. Vintage shopping and bargain hunting helps. He refuses to enter department stores with me and typically finds the next café with Wifi or bar to get a beer if I do happen to go in but he comes along for the ride :)

posted about 1 year ago

SabrinaTudorache
Style_council
SabrinaTudor...

Nope. And I like it this way, because when he comes with me I feel like I am punishing him. So I prefer to go shopping with my friends and I enjoy it.

posted about 1 year ago

K_J_O
New_user K_J_O is new to Chictopia!

10 points - Become a fan

When K_J_O reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
K_J_O

Yes Many a time..!! and loves it. He just loves spending time with me.. If I point out something in particular that I like, he’ll usually buy it , without any hesitating, That why i love him so much.

posted about 1 year ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION