Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
catiebeatty
Forum_moderator
catiebeatty

I love reading lifestyle blogs almost as much as fashion blogs. One of my favorites is Link:[A Beautiful Mess]

Do you have any favorite lifestyle blogs or ones you could recommend that always have great recipes and DIY?

posted about 2 years ago
BleakandWet
Style_council
BleakandWet

Martha Stewart :)

posted about 2 years ago

catiebeatty
Forum_moderator
catiebeatty

LOL, I love her site too! I guess I never considered it a lifestyle blog, but I guess it was one of the firsts!

posted about 2 years ago

Umbrellastripes
Style_council
Umbrellastripes

I’m not sure if they are considered “lifestyle blogs” but I really like Creature Comforts and Design Sponge.

posted about 2 years ago

fashion_nerd
Style_council
fashion_nerd

I usually read fashion and career blogs, but I think I might be addicted to A Beautiful Mess now. Thanks for sharing!

posted about 2 years ago

KatieLikeMe
Style_council
KatieLikeMe

Most of the “lifestyle” blogs I follow are on Tumblr. I consider a lifestyle blog to be one that displays someone’s true life, not a censored version of only the good bits.

posted about 2 years ago

catiebeatty
Forum_moderator
catiebeatty

Can you recommend any of these Tumblr blogs? I would like to see what you’re talking about. When I say “lifestyle” blogs I mean blogs that feature recipes, projects, home gadgets, advice, reviews, etc.

I run a fashion and lifestyle blog and I include mostly just the good bits, because that’s what I want to share with people! Sometimes I talk about sad things that are happening in my life, but then there are things I don’t share. Like my dog has a wound on her back; I’m not going to take pictures of it because eww. In another instance I made a lentil dish and was going to share the recipe, but it turned out awful, so I won’t. Who wants an awful recipe? It would be a waste of time typing up the post. It doesn’t mean my blog isn’t “real” or doesn’t provide a genuine view of my life.

posted about 2 years ago

catiebeatty
Forum_moderator
catiebeatty

Found a new lifestyle blog I really like! Life as Twiggy

posted almost 2 years ago

ChicBabydoll
Style_council
ChicBabydoll

A Beautiful Mess has been one of my favorites for a while now. Absolutely love it!

I also like Little Chief Honeybee

posted almost 2 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION