Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
chicchica_bonita
New_user chicchica_bonita is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When chicchica_bonita reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
chicchica_bo...

After you break up with a guy?

Obviously tee shirts and sweaters go back, but what about the pretty necklace? or the teddy bear? I’ve only ever had really easy breakups so…i’m a little lost on this one haha

posted over 4 years ago
1 2
keogan42
Style_council
keogan42

if they gave it to you, it is yours. as they said, unless it is a major piece (engagement) then keep it. or sell it. or donate it. etc. i speak from experience. it is yours to keep. i wear mine, but it bears no significance to me and it doesn’t remind me of my exes, but for some people they can’t dissociate so they end up getting rid of it.

posted about 4 years ago

teenageloveaffair
Style_council
teenagelovea...

Nah, I keep it. He gave it. :p

posted about 4 years ago

Betty_Buttons
Style_council
Betty_Buttons

Keep it, it was bought for you and your taste. If he asks for it back, dont make any comment just give it back, proves that he is quite childish and tight with cash…and you dont want that type of guy.

posted about 4 years ago

opfiend
Style_council
opfiend

I think it depens on when he gave it to you. If it was a recent gift, I’d give it back but if you’ve had it for at least a few months, keep it.

posted about 4 years ago

splashofcolour
Style_council
splashofcolour

My view is only give it back if the guy asks for it. If it’s been a couple of months and he hasn’t asked then decide whether you want to keep it or sell it. The only thing this doesn’t apply for is engagement rings, you’re generally supposed to give the engagement ring back after a break up.

posted about 4 years ago

hadelicious
Style_council
hadelicious

Usually they refuse to take the stuff back, so I just throw it in the garbage. Since this guy is officially out of my life then so are his gifts.

posted about 4 years ago

boxingcleverxo
Style_council
boxingcleverxo

i threw everything away or donated it. i actually threw the promise ring over a fence. i wouldn’t recommend doing that though. it might be considered littering and i probably could have sold it. haha

posted about 4 years ago

xoxopaige
Style_council
xoxopaige

I kept all of the jewelry (they were gifts, after all!) and traded them in at a jewelry store for something that i actually liked ;o)

posted about 4 years ago

Cloots
Style_council
Cloots

I wouldn’t give it back. I doubt they would want it.

I kept 2 things I really liked and gave all his other gifts away.
But I personally have trouble with wearing it.
(I have these 2 beautiful necklaces from an ex,
and I’ve hung on to them for a while not wearing them ever, in the hopes that
whatever weird vibes I get from them now will go away in future.)

posted about 4 years ago

carizzachua
Style_council
carizzachua

I agree! Only give it back when the guy ask for it hahahaha

posted about 4 years ago

amorphous_face
Style_council
amorphous_face

Don’t give it back. Keep it unless it is an engagement ring and you broke off the engagement. If he broke it off, you get to keep the ring.

posted over 1 year ago

BrunetteJJ
Style_council
BrunetteJJ

I personally wouldn’t give the jewelry back.

posted over 1 year ago

AksharTroublesome
Style_council
AksharTroubl...

tshirts and sweaters- give back if you borrowed them from him, but a decent guy might not want them either, because he might have replaced them.
but if he bought you some clothes that fit you, that were for you, why would you give them back? what can he do with them? wear them himself? LOL we might sell them on ebay or re-gift them? tacky.
only the jewelry should be given back if he asks for it, and i’ll add if its real gold, real diamonds, and so on.

posted over 1 year ago

BowsandGlitterxo
Style_council
BowsandGlitt...

depends on the breakup I guess. I have known people who gave back jewelry because looking it made their stomach turn.
In the end though, it was a gift and you should be able to keep it. My last boyfrienbd gave me bracelet and necklace I kept it never wear it because they were heart related items and I have a new boyfriend so it would be weird to wear – might sell it

posted over 1 year ago
1 2
REPLY TO DISCUSSION