Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
elle_em_bee
Style_council
elle_em_bee

I have become slightly addicted to coffee this stressful year. My doctor told me to lay off of it, since i have trouble sleeping, but i gave up since it didn’t seem to make a difference. So i was just wondering, do you guys drink coffee regularly? I used to only drink it about twice a week, but recently i got an espresso maker. I’ve been making cappuccinos everyday, and i’ve noticed the biggest difference! I have so much more energy throughout the day, and i’ve been much happier. I’m sure this effect will wane after a few weeks, but for now its nice. So, coffee?

posted about 5 years ago
1 3 ... 8 9
flattery
Style_icon
flattery

I think coffee is a dangerous addiction. You should listen to your doctor.
If you want to see the effects, then just stop drinking coffee suddenly and see how you feel – apparently it is similar to how drug addicts feel, irratibility, cravings, shaking, etc. My friend did this and was shocked on how much she really relied on it.
I have never had more than a cup of coffee in my life and I feel fine in terms of energy-level.
SO STOPP!!!
Don’t let it consume you!
Haha

posted about 5 years ago

thefieldsofelysium
Shop_seller_2 thefieldsofelysium is a Chictopia seller who has been hand-picked by our editors to sell merchandise on our website.

Chictopia sellers carry fashion forward products and ensure great customer experience. Click here if you are interested in selling your merchandise on Chictopia.
thefieldsofe...

Caffeine is a psychoactive drug, so I think your doctor is right to be concerned, especially if you’re aware of your addiction. However, I don’t think you have to give it up completely, if you really like drinking coffee. Moderation is key (for everything). Try not having any coffee after 4 PM — it might help with your sleep regulation.

I absolutely love lattes, but after I calculated how much I was spending at Starbucks in the course of a year, I was horrified and scaled back a ton. I make my own coffee at home now, and have – at most – two cups a day. :)

posted about 5 years ago

aquadisiacinlove
Style_council
aquadisiacin...

It’s true what everyone has said so far. Coffee is addictive and its effects are similar to drugs (well, it is a drug). That speaking, I don’t like to drink coffee because I know I’ll be relying on it to function throughout the day so I don’t buy it unless I have to. And even then I get really jittery and nervous! Haha.

posted about 5 years ago

elle_em_bee
Style_council
elle_em_bee

i know, i really hate having to rely on it. however, this year i’ve been having total energy deficiency. like, i’m CONSTANTLY exhausted. i’ve gone to the doctor several times and they can’t seem to help me, so i’m kind of stuck! i usually only have it at 9 in the morning, though, so it would have worn off by bedtime.

posted about 5 years ago

puuki
Style_council
puuki

Nope. But when I do I try not to put any cream and sugar. I drink lots of water now.

posted about 5 years ago

sarahmayy
Style_council
sarahmayy

Used to, but I hardly do anymore; especially after realizing it eats up the iron in my body. (And I’m anemic)

posted about 5 years ago

splashofcolour
Style_council
splashofcolour

I tried it once and hated it, so never again for me. I do think I have a caffiene addiction though, but from coca cola instead of coffee.

posted about 5 years ago

kl08
Style_council
kl08

I agree splashofcolour, I have tried it a couple of times and just can’t do it. I can honestly say that I don’t drink any coffee and not much caffiene. It is not a good thing!

posted about 5 years ago

Memosne
Style_council
Memosne

Hmm. I usually drink coffee once or twice a month…It also kind of depends how it’s prepared. I really enjoy cappuccinos and lattes (with A LOT of sugar), but I can never take black coffee straight up. I always have to add in a lot of milk and sugar. Sometimes coffee is ok, I usually use it to perk up for exams or to pull all nighters, but water if my preferred drink of choice. =D

posted about 5 years ago

summerkay
Style_council
summerkay

I try my best

posted about 5 years ago

shadowplay_
Style_council
shadowplay_

Haha for some reason, I don’t really like coffee :/ I wish I could, because I seem to be missing out on something really amazing from what everyone else says, but oh well.

posted about 5 years ago

daisydoooo57
Style_council
daisydoooo57

i only drink some mornings for a bit of a boost,or shopping..or if i have some serious revision to do haha

posted about 5 years ago

elora
Style_council
elora

I HAVE to drink a cup of coffee every morning before I get in the shower. If I don’t get my cup of coffee, I feel very very slow. I am addicted to coffee. Coffee addiction is pretty serious because, like i said, I HAVE to drink a cup of coffee every morning.

posted about 5 years ago

calivintage
Style_icon
calivintage

coffee, the number one beverage in the world behind water. i actually don’t know if that’s true, but it’s up there.

sorry, but i am totally one of those people who needs a cup of coffee every day, preferable two. i know it’s not the most healthy thing, but it’s all about ritual. the coffee ritual, along with cooking breakfast, is so important to me. i just don’t feel the same without it.

posted about 5 years ago

lifeinsideamusicbox
Style_council
lifeinsideam...

I got lucky… from when I was like 11 I was a coffee drinker and very dependent on caffeine, but I had to start taking ADD medication that not only makes it so that if I have more than very little caffeine (like the amount in tea) I feel like I’ve od’ed on it, but it also stopped me from feeling any withdrawal symptoms when I gave up caffeinated beverages. And in retrospect, I’m glad I don’t drink coffee and soda anymore (I was the biggest diet coke addict as well) as it’s not good for your health, but I really got to skip out on the difficult part of cutting those things out.

posted about 5 years ago

presidentp3
Style_council
presidentp3

YES EVERY SINGLE DAY

posted about 5 years ago

xxmidnightkisses
Style_council
xxmidnightki...

i love, love, love, love coffee…hot, cold, candy, cake, you name it!

though i dont drink it regularly, i probably only drink it once or twice a week.

posted about 4 years ago

Dima
Style_council
Dima

I adore coffee, it is probably my fav drink, I drink approximately 2 cups aday
it’s serious considering the fact that I not only drink coffee but I also have a cup of tea in the evening and sometimes I drink green tea during the day …hmm I should really start fixing this problem..not gonna do it cold turkey though :S
maybe I’ll use water as a substitute and gradually reduce the amount of caffeine I consume…I believe that’s a good idea …wish me luck ;)
And good luck to u 2 elle_em_bee !!!

posted about 4 years ago

JUKILOVE
Style_council
JUKILOVE

Some periods during the school year it’ll seem I need coffee everyday. But I usually break the habit once the work load lightens up. I usually ween myself off with green tea.

posted about 4 years ago

MurasakiNeko
Style_council
MurasakiNeko

I don’t drink coffee. I don’t like the taste, never have, and I’m extremely caffeine-sensitive to boot. One cup of tea is all it takes to get me wired for the day. (And I don’t even need it— I only have it when I’m feeling extra tired). I can’t even drink tea after 3:00 pm or I can’t get to sleep that night!

It’s funny, because my bf is the opposite, and can’t function without his coffee.

posted about 4 years ago

heck
Style_council
heck

I have a one or two cups a day, both usually in the morning or early afternoon. I sometimes have a coffee in the evening if there is a reason I want to be awake, or if my grandparents are over I’ll have a small cup after dinner.

posted about 4 years ago

chicchica_bonita
New_user chicchica_bonita is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When chicchica_bonita reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
chicchica_bo...

ew…coffee is grotty…

posted about 4 years ago

Brill_Brunette
Style_council
Brill_Brunette

i drink Tea daily but not coffee. Occasionally though.

posted about 4 years ago

PeachyPanda
Style_council
PeachyPanda

Since I starting working, yeah I drink coffee almost daily, but I do switch between coffee and tea. I can’t help it, I need the wake up boost and just having something warm in my hands makes the day so much nicer!

posted about 4 years ago
1 3 ... 8 9
REPLY TO DISCUSSION