Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
AmeliaJackson29
Style_council
AmeliaJackson29

I have a friend who is constantly coping me in the most annoying of ways and I rly don’t think I could live with it for much longer. How do i tell her without hurting her feelings??

posted over 4 years ago
RosaB
Style_council
RosaB

That sounds really bad Well if I were u Ill help her find a new style of her own whenever u guys go shopping suggest her different stuff and tell her how awesome it looks on them

posted over 4 years ago

New_user 52542 is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When 52542 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!

I had a friend like that and I stopped being her friend.
lol

BUT I don’t advise you take the same action as I did. Imitation is the biggest form of flattery. But according to you, its annoying. I can definate relate.

Maybe ask her in a nice way. If shes you’re friend, you should be able to ask her anything.

posted over 4 years ago

AmeliaJackson29
Style_council
AmeliaJackson29

thanx for ur helpful and quick responses guys, RosaB i think that is a rly good suggestion and I’ll definitely give that a go, and i think if i don’t talk about clothes as much around her. Itz just rly hard coz she’s a rly good friend of mine. :P

posted over 4 years ago

ThaoVy
Style_council
ThaoVy

I don’t think you should think of it as annoying but like TraceFineGold said, it should be flattering that someone wants to imitate you and dress like you. It should make you feel even better about yourself that someone is looking up to you almost like how we’re often inspired by the media and celeb styles. Anyway, hope you can see where I’m coming from and maybe then it’ll be less annoying that your friend copies your style. :)

posted over 4 years ago

crazeechinita
Style_council
crazeechinita

maybe you could suggest other styles… that might help her stray from your style.. i guess you could be a little flattered cause that means that you’re pretty good at dressing yourself… =)

posted over 4 years ago

Tho
Style_council
Tho

Gasp, no offense. But I really find those type of people annoying.
Usually I handle them by just telling them nicely how I think they should get some originality, and give them some different ideas. :]

posted over 4 years ago

Ninahhh
Style_council
Ninahhh

wear really ulgy clothes for a while.

and then go back to your normal clothes.

ha that sounds dumb.

posted over 4 years ago

coldlight
Style_council
coldlight

I agree with RosaB, try going shopping with her and suggest styles of clothing that are different to what you wear, clothes that would fit her body shape well etc. You could also look through magazines together to get inspiration about different looks/styles for her.
You could say something like, “I always find it really funny when you’re out and you see groups of girls wearing pretty much exactly the same thing. They look like total clones, don’t they have any originality?” Or if you have a younger sister you could say…“My sister went out the other day and everything she wore belongs to me, it’s like she’s trying to be a lamer version of me, i hate it when people try to copy my style” That way it’s not directed to her but she’ll get the idea that you don’t like being copied… hope that helps a bit

posted over 4 years ago

SpammishRice
Style_council
SpammishRice

^coldlight’s ideas sound effective. Hopefully, your friend will get the hints.

I had a friend like yours, and it got to the point where it moved beyond just copying style. If I had something on hold at a store, she’d go there saying she was me and buy it for herself (we looked very similar, salespeople were always duped). Or she’d outright steal things out of my closet. Obviously, don’t let it get this far, or you’ll end up losing a friend.

posted over 4 years ago

JUKILOVE
Style_council
JUKILOVE

LMAOOO I had this happen to me in freshman year of highschool. I just told the girl what I thought very sternly. Wasn’t the best way to do it but I was a mean girl.

You should KINDLY ask her what she thinks about your feelings. I think it’s better to be upfront; she can’t fix a problem that she’s unaware of.
Shopping with her is a little too passive for the way I like to handle things. And she may think of it as an invite to share your style.

posted over 4 years ago

huongface
Style_council
huongface

its definitely a form of flattery. Help her find her style.

posted over 4 years ago

elizabethmd
Style_council
elizabethmd

A few of my friends are major followers. They’re cheerleaders who are obssesed with JoBros (ughhh..) and think they’re urban and orriginal. It really annoys me, because they think they own the style..

posted over 4 years ago

AmeliaJackson29
Style_council
AmeliaJackson29

lol Ninahhh! great idea! haha, but yer I think it would probably be best if I just told her. Thanks for all ur help :)

posted over 4 years ago

solybBy
Style_council
solybBy

Haha, I dont always have this probalem….but when I do I indirectly talk about people copying each other aloud….lol

posted over 3 years ago

candy_ytal
Style_council
candy_ytal

well, for me, I feel proud of myself because of all the fashion icons and celebrities but then she chose you. It’s very flattering that means she likes your style and believe me, it feels like you’re a star.. I don’t care if someone is copying my style.. That means, we are in the same feather because we simply love fashion.

posted over 3 years ago

say_this_one
Style_council
say_this_one

i have many.. hahah.. and I hate it…. :)

posted over 3 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION