Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
_b0mbshell
New_user _b0mbshell is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When _b0mbshell reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
_b0mbshell

My boyfriend of four years is graduating a pre-college program & is being accepted into a four year university in a week and a half. He had a rough childhood & is going to be the first in his family to attend college. I’m beyond proud of him & want to do something special for him as a kind of celebratory gift. The problem is he’s so laid back & nonchalant that I have absolutely no clue what to do.

What celebratory thing would you do for a loved one that just accomplished a great goal?

I was thinking throwing a mini party for him with his closest friends & family. However, I also want to do something just for us.

Any ideas & advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! (:

posted over 1 year ago
catiebeatty
Forum_moderator
catiebeatty

I am planning on buying my husband cuff links when he graduates college, but I don’t know if you’re really looking for gift ideas. Does he like any sports in particular? This might not work, since different sports have different seasons, but I know at sporting events you can usually have birthdays and special occasions announced or displayed. You might take him to a game and have them display a special congratulations just for him!

posted over 1 year ago

LittleBee
Forum_moderator
LittleBee

Why don’t you prepare a nice dinner for the two of you? You can set up a cute candle light dinner sort of thing and actually cook the food. Hang up little signs that say “congratulations!”. I bet your boyfriend would appreciate that.

posted over 1 year ago

RachelPheasant
Style_council
RachelPheasant

My favorite celebrations have always been when my significant other surprises me with something that shows he knows me well and is fun (and a little silly). Is there something your boyfriend has always wanted to do/see but never had the chance to? This could be anything from a sporting event (which is always a winner in my book) to a fun day trip/weekend trip. You could throw the party for him with his friends and family and then go on an adventure just the two of you (depending where you’re located you could, for instance take a road trip to NYC or New Orleans or wherever and stay in a hostel for pretty cheap if money is tight).

posted over 1 year ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION