Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
flattery
Style_icon
flattery

I’m curious to know what you fellow chictopians are aspiring to have as a career, or what you already have as a career.

Myself, I’m at a deadend it seems. I was really interested in becoming an architect but everyone I talk to says its a horrible job that you cannot move up in and you will constantly be doing boring things that people tell you to do. So what am I to think? Isn’t that how all jobs start, being told what to do until you can break off and do your own thing?

Also, I want a job that will be high-paying. I know that seems terrible but I do think that money is really important. Lately architects make an average of 60,000 dollars a year and that seems alot lower than I had imagined, for living in Canada.

So what are you/what do you want to be, and what is your salary?

posted over 5 years ago
1 3
16puma
Style_council
16puma

I’m going to be in my second year at college and after much internal debating I think I have decided on majoring in Political Science with a concentration in International Relations. I’m not a huge political prowess like many poli sci majors at my school, so I am a bit afraid of making the commitment to this major.

I simply enjoy learning about country’s various political systems and what makes it work (or often not work) for them. In the future I hope to possibly work for the government at a US consulate/embassy overseas. I’m also minoring in French so my top country to work in would be France of course =)

But as with most things in my life, my plans will probably make a complete 180 and I’ll be teaching kids music in a small midwest city or something lol

posted about 5 years ago

Baxonii
Style_council
Baxonii

I have to decide in like, two weeks my future carer! I’m more inclined to health courses though

posted about 5 years ago

breelee12
Style_council
breelee12

Right now I am going to school to be and Interior Designer.

posted almost 5 years ago

superniknok
Style_council
superniknok

i used to be a writer and i got bored,

now i’m a video editor at a production company. although i’m having so much fun in my job right now, i don’t see myself doing it for the next 10 years of my life.

i want something else but I still don’t know what that is! LOL.

SpammishRice
Style_council
SpammishRice

I’m 26, working as an office manager and financial bookkeeper for a law office. I never thought I’d end up here, and I don’t see myself staying here in the long term. I actually never got to finish college so I was thinking of going back.

I’m still not clear on what I want to do — I started out as a computer science major in college. Then I wanted to go back to what I really loved, which was being creative. Then I decided I didn’t want to get paid for something I felt I should have complete freedom with, and figured I should go for my more logic-based interests and aim for science: physics, anthropology, archeology, politics, computers. I pretty much run the science gamut, except for chemistry. For some reason, I can’t totally wrap my head around it!

PeachyPanda
Style_council
PeachyPanda

I majored in Anthropology, loved it but as a career not for me. My goal is to become a social worker but there is a possibility of teaching elementary school. But I really do love fashion and designing, my bf and sisters constantly tell me to pursue it and I just might but it would be a side job first.

_holic
Style_council
_holic

a friend of mines going into anthropology; i was debating whether to do architecture cause it seems like a more stable job then fashion designer. had a tough time choosing colleges too. i also want to make money once i get out but i highly doubt it since i’ll be coming out with debt … schools are so expensive now. however i love clothes and drawing and designing so hopefully all will work out well :)

nataliejade
Style_council
nataliejade

I have always wanted to be a fashion designer since I was a child. I still have my little drawings somewhere. Right now I’m in my second year of university studying Fashion Design. I am planning to open an online boutique of one offs not just clothing but art aswell during the next academic year. However, this is my dream be a respected designer, not super famous even though it would be nice, respected independent designer would be good enough for me.

You have to be realistic about a career in the fashion industry. The likely-hood of becoming the next Valentino is slim-to-none, but it doesn’t mean you should target for that.

I also interested in styling, this is a back up to the designing.

My career goal is to have a small boutique in London selling clothing, art and small homeware from young independent designers, aswell as aspiring art students who want to start there career off while studying.

Bird Cage Boutique"//www.birdcageboutique.com is a store the I aspire to be like, but with more clothing.

nataliejade
Style_council
nataliejade

sorry the link dont work for some reason but the address is there!

New_user 77832 is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When 77832 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!

hi!
my dream job would definitely be a news reporter, journalist, something along those lines(: but i am going to be a pharmacist(:

sota
Style_council
sota

I graduated in Biology, now I´m finish a master. I work in a store to pay my postgrade (God I hate it!). My dream job would be a scientific

Lizzy_Lou
Style_council
Lizzy_Lou

I want to rehabilitate injured marine mammals. Seals, sea turtles, sea lions, dolphins, whales. I love animals and for some reason I’m drawn to the ocean. (Even though I was raised mostly in Kansas) I’m going to have to take a lot of math classes to go to a good vet school, but it’s something I really want to do.

elizabethmd
Style_council
elizabethmd

I want to major in photography and journalism. Not judging by my pictures here (they’re awful) I’ve got a real passion for it. As well as writing. Although casually, I babble. So I want to be a photojournalist. I care about money to an extent. I just want enough to support the things that I want most – a Manhattan zipcode and a decent wardrobe. Then everything else is just extras. I think when you’re on a fixed income, it’s important to put your money towards things that you know you want and then determine the things that aren’t as important. Like to me, a vacation every year or a five dollar cup of coffee every morning. Giving up those things will make me much happier with money.

Statics
Style_council
Statics

I’ve just graduated from university with a degree in Music Industry Management and Artistic Development (music business and cultural studies/ psychology/ ethics/ sociology, basically) and have a college qualification in Media Production (journalism, film-making, photography, etc), and am looking for a career in either the independent music business, or as a music journalist and/or photographer.

1 3
REPLY TO DISCUSSION