Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
alinaceusan
Style_icon
alinaceusan

So my boyfriend’s birthday it’s just around the corner and I keep asking myself what should I buy for him as a present…We’ve been together for over 3 years now and I kinda run out of ideas. Do you have any ideas how could I surprise him, I mean something nice, to show him how much I love & appreciate him. Skip the jewelery, perfumes, clothing stuff, already got him a lots of those…

Recently when I came back from Paris I brought him a maroon scarf, a H&M leather bracelet (he wanted this one long time ago, but he could not find any here..) & a bottle of french wine. It was a pretty night and he was slightly surprised about the gift…but now I don’t know :(

posted about 4 years ago
boredstephanie
Style_council
boredstephanie

hmmm I think theres no generic boyfriend gift, you should get him stuff he has an interest in. I mean after 3 years I’m sure you have a pretty good idea about his hobbies and what he likes^^

posted about 4 years ago

alinaceusan
Style_icon
alinaceusan

yeah, you’re right he’s intro italian mafia, wine, italian food, anything italian is like god to him…but I want something pretty…something 4 him to remember :))

posted about 4 years ago

opfiend
Style_council
opfiend

DVDs, CDs, a puppy. haha

posted about 4 years ago

coldlight
Style_council
coldlight

Get him concert tickets to a band that he likes! That’s what I did for my bf’s 21st birthday present. Or to an expo or an exhibition that he wants to see or something he’s always wanted to do! Eg.. if he likes cars then maybe see if you can find somewhere where he can take a rally car for a drive around a track! Or if he’s a thrill seeker then maybe a sky diving ticket :P Something he can experience is something that he will remember :)

posted about 4 years ago

tammmmy
New_user tammmmy is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When tammmmy reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!
tammmmy

what is he into? get him something related to what he likes

posted about 4 years ago

FrivolousDistinction
Style_council
FrivolousDis...

My bigger gifts for my partner are often functional, well-designed things that he’ll love and enjoy using. I think about his everyday life and what I could make/buy/do to make it brighter or easier, or whether there’s room for a bit more luxury or beauty in an object he uses often. I also give small things that are silly, deliberate mementoes. When it comes to making a gift personal, think about the little things that make up your relationship. Private jokes, confidences, nicknames, interests in common, things he really loves but you really don’t, funny or romantic moments you’ve had together, significant memories. Try to incorporate references to those kinds of things into his present.

If you’re struggling to think of a beautiful thing, or he values experiences rather than objects, get him an experience. This could be anything, depending on his passions and ambitions: a trip, a tattoo, classes to learn a new skill, tickets to a concert, exhibition or sports game, swimming with sharks, reflexology… It could be something the two of you can do together or he might appreciate the opportunity to do something just for himself. A present doesn’t need to be a tangible thing to be memorable. The consideration that goes into it is the most important factor – it’s so touching to be shown how well your partner knows you and how much thought they’ve put into what you’d like, which is one of the reasons handmade gifts can be so lovely.

posted about 4 years ago

alinaceusan
Style_icon
alinaceusan

aww thanks for your answers girls, I got him a new set of speakers cuz his brother took them with him at college so for now he was using my headspeakers :)). anyway, when I shown up at the restaurat with that big red box (heavy also) he looked at me and said: omg, what did you get me? and I said: you might want to wait untill you get home to unpack it.

After the dinner we arrived home where we had cake&champagne with his parents and made some photos. He was very thrilled about his gift. :D boys and tech.

@opfiend : he already has a kitten :D it’s name it’s Suria (I think it means sun)
thank for all those good ideas about tickets. I was thinking about a ticket to a match he always wanted to see… but I already got him these… Maybe if I can get the $ I will take that in consideration :D

THANKS SO MUCH, GUYS :*

posted about 4 years ago

TruthCollection
Shop_seller_2 TruthCollection is a Chictopia seller who has been hand-picked by our editors to sell merchandise on our website.

Chictopia sellers carry fashion forward products and ensure great customer experience. Click here if you are interested in selling your merchandise on Chictopia.
TruthCollection

I usually buy him something great, like a complete outfit! But since he made me upset…haha…yeah…he’s getting nothing this Christmas!

http://www.abovethenaveldaily.com/

posted almost 4 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION