Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
Nkarm1
Style_council
Nkarm1

I really need some advice right now!! Okay, so I like this boy, and I’ve liked him for a long time, months…. I’m really picky about who I date, but this guy is perfect in my eyes. The problem is that I don’t know him that well, and I can’t figure out how to talk to him…

I have one class with him, biology. I have thought about asking him something biology related but it seems a bit weird to suddenly ask him something like that… I’m always surrounded by friends so I could just ask them or something, anyways it might seem weird if I ask him that….I’m in the last year of high-school by the way…And i’m pretty sure he likes me too….

It’s just that the most outgoing guys get shy around me… So he’s a bit afraid to speak to me…And I have this huge fear of making a fool out of myself infront of him…So I need some help from you guys…

What should I do to get to know him more? What do I say and do?
How do I start a conversation with him?
Any advice you can give me is sooo appreciated! <3

posted over 4 years ago
booboo21
Style_council
booboo21

Just be yourself and talk to him like if he were a friend.

Maybe start out the conversation as “oh i like that shirt” or “are u getting this bio stuff?!” lol

Just give it a try.

posted over 4 years ago

Kristen_Bee
Style_council
Kristen_Bee

To be honest I’m going through the same situation, but this guy doesnt go to my shcool haha. But im a senior in highschool and i know how it feels. definatly be yourself, what ive come to learn is dont think about what you should do and not do in front of him and what to say to him, dont think about any of that just DO IT! and that souds broad and kind of obvious, but dont think about the next topic you should talk about, or what is he going to respond with? just say hi and go with the flow.
First make eye contact with him, if you know he likes you he will look back and just do that for awhile, and say hi to him if you see him in the hall, and in class!!
Guys are always shy around girls tehy like and sometimes wont even get the guts to talk to you. guys like a girl with confidence so step up and start a conversation with him.
Suggestions:
you could ask him things like
“Hey how’s your day going”
“What are your plans for the weekend”
Also ask him questions on homework, facebook(if possible) him a question on homework and then you guys can start talking about how much you hate that class and then you’ll get into the groove.
Hope this helps :D

posted over 4 years ago

GlammcouturE
Style_council
GlammcouturE

You should def. just be yourself, like booboo21 said!
I have been with my boyfriend for 2 years now, and thats def. the thing that keeps us going!! I met him my senior year in high school too and now we go to the same college together! The thing we are big about it being yourself, be silly, goofy, make him laugh! A guy can never resist that! :)
Try to be outgoing towards him, and let him know that you like him, not by saying it, just by being friendly and sweet to him!
Try to find out his interests and maybe invite him to go do something that he likes! He won’t wanna turn it down and it’ll give you a chance to get to know each other!
If he likes you too, he won’t play games, he’ll let you know he likes you!
Don’t be too nervous about it, if he likes you, you’ll know it! :)

Good luck girl! Hope this helps! :)

posted over 4 years ago

mariezee
Style_council
mariezee

Just be yourself. And if you know that he likes you, make the first move and ask him to study or go for coffee. Guys appreciate when a girl takes hold of the situation! I pursued my boyfriend, I was quite persistent and we’re coming up on four years of being together. Good luck and BE YOURSELF!

posted over 4 years ago

Nkarm1
Style_council
Nkarm1

Thank you guys so much for the help! :D

Yeah it’s important to be yourself, I don’t want him to like somebody who I’m not…
And yes I shouldn’t think so much about what I should and should not do, I shoud just do it! :P

posted over 4 years ago

fashionhungry
Style_council
fashionhungry

hey, i’m in the same situation hahah it’s so annoyinggggggggggggggg just waiting and waiting day after day for…nothing to happen.
I think you should definitely talk to him but not when you have your friends around because that’ll make him even more nervous..drop your pen or something when your near him so he picks it up..do something random but not obvious
-good luckkkk
( & tell me if it works so I can take my own advice..haha)

posted over 4 years ago

Catherinee
Style_council
Catherinee

You might regret it if you don’t… just talk to him about normal stuff. I don’t know how to start conversations, but sometimes they just come up.

posted over 4 years ago

JusticePirate
Style_council
JusticePirate

I agree, just be confident and just be yourself. If he can’t accept you for how you are, he’s really not worth it.
If you have a test or something coming up, perhaps you can ask him if he studied for it. I think it’s cute that you have been a bit shy.

I think sometimes with guys, you have to be willing to take initiative, which is how I won over my husband. He liked that I wasn’t afraid to speak to him. Maybe if I didn’t we wouldn’t have ever dated. . .and we were interested in one another for 9 months before dating (we had become close friends during that time).

Ask him questions (without being annoying). sometimes just showing an interest in someone else really draws them near to you and causes them to trust you and respond and ask questions back.

If there are people in class around you that talk about something news-wise or entertainment like, “did you see that movie?? it’s so good!” it can cause you to interact as groups of people who don’t really know each other, and then lead to individual conversations because you have learned some interests through the groups talking.

posted over 4 years ago

the_ed
Style_council
the_ed

Ok, a list of do’s & don’ts…

do bring up something you have in common. Biology can work, but…

don’t ask him for help with homework. That can make you seem unintelligent, which is usually not an endearing quality (and obviously not the way you want to be perceived).

don’t have your friends ask him out for you. It may seem innocent enough, but it’s a sign that you don’t have confidence. (Plus, he may not care for your friends.)

do ask him when your friends aren’t around you, which would be probably before or after class. That way you can spend all of your attention on him. ;)

do use the internet to keep talking to him. But…

*don’t*introduce yourself to him online or research him. Either he won’t remember you or he’ll think you’re a stalker when he finds out you know all this stuff about him that he’s never told you. It’s much more exciting to ask him and find out who he is in person.

do find out if he’s single. You don’t want the drama that comes with dating an unavailable guy.

don’t call him for a while after you get his #. This avoids you looking needy and allows you to have more time to figure out what exactly you’re gonna say when you do talk to him. After 48 hours, you can call him up if he hasn’t called you yet.

do casually ask for a date in the first conversation you have with him. Make sure you know the where and when details for certain.

don’t make any commitments until after the first date. You don’t know the guy, so there is a chance you may not want to have a long-term relationship with him.

do make eye contact when conversing. If you’re afraid he’ll be weirded out if you stare into his eyes, focus on some other part of him you like (not his crotch or butt)! Just be sure to flick your eyes back to him every now and again so he knows you aren’t zoning out.

don’t stare at him when you’re not together. Everyone will notice, including him.

BIG DO stroke his ego by complimenting him. “You’re so interesting.” is simple and mysterious without sounding like you wanna get laid as much as he does.

BIG DON’T never get flustered if you screw up asking him. Just laugh it off. If things go right, you’ll be laughing with him all the way to prom.

posted over 4 years ago

LittleWing
Style_council
LittleWing

i’m assuming your in highschool? i always remember it being like this, but when you go onto further education, its just so much easier. if you ever do group work/ go on excursions in the biology class, make sure you get with him =]

posted over 4 years ago

Goosiegoo
Style_council
Goosiegoo

I know this feeling so much, and I’ve recently become very outgoing when it comes to talking to people I like. Of course, if there is a situation where alcohol is involved then it makes it a lot easier, but in school is it a bit hard.
Maybe you could start by even something super silly like accidentally having to talk to him. Sit near to him in class and ask for advice, or I’ve even dropped something or fell on a person to get a conversation going! And I don’t worry that they might think I’m stupid, because I find if someone does something silly infront of you it makes it easier for him to see that you’re human.

posted over 4 years ago

geekishpirate
Style_council
geekishpirate

I can’t agree more with the_ed’s advice. That is a fantastic list to follow. If only the rest of us had a list like that when we were in high school. ;)

posted over 4 years ago

Nkarm1
Style_council
Nkarm1

Thank you guys so much! I guess almost everybody has felt this way, it’s not easy. But it’s great to have the support and tips from you guys! :D

Anyways I spoke to him today!! On facebook, but I was shaking the whole time, lol. So I hope it will get easier talking to him at school. He did say hi to me a day ago, so we’re making progress! It’s going slowly, but atleast it’s going… :P

Anyways, great list the_ed! thanks so much for your comment. And thanks everybody else! I hope love works out for you guys too! :)

posted over 4 years ago

RaptorGaga
Style_council
RaptorGaga

Bring up Call of Duty 5. He will love you regardless. :)

posted over 4 years ago

Nkarm1
Style_council
Nkarm1

@ RaptorGaga I loled at your post!

He is actually into CoD, well most of the guys at my school are….

What about it can I talk to him about? I don’t really know much about it…

posted over 4 years ago

Joana_Afonseca
Style_council
Joana_Afonseca

Oh I remember i had the same questions as you.. of course that in my case i had to struggle against other girls that like him it was very very hard… But I end up dating him… :P..
Well you got an advantage is in one of your classes so you have a reason to talk to him… so just sit next to him and start something like “i´m really confuse did you understand that?” pretty casual and trust me even if he realizes that your hitting on him he´ll go with it… Boys never lose a chance to meet girls even the shy ones…
My was like never talk even… But after a lot of work I get to talk with him in classes in breaks you know just casual…
You´ll find that you have a lot in common and the conversation will flow… Don´t ever forget to look your best and progressively advance, like just touch him in the arm lightly, laugh when we says something funny, not too much but make him feel proud… You will now what to do at the moment..
Hope this helps… And above all be yourself always… Because if he doesn´t like who you are that doesn´t work…

posted over 4 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION