SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
ragilmega
Style_council
ragilmega

Hi..

My 25+ birthday is coming up, and I don’t usually celebrate it with friends but this time I want to. I want to have some get together but I am not sure who to invite. I have different group of friends. Some of them are in their 20s and some of them are in their 30s and 40s. Is it a good idea to invite them at the same time?

And then out of those age groups I only want to invite 1 or 2 people because the rest I am not too close with but I don’t want to get them jealous. I am kind of scared of being asked, “why did you not invite me?” sorta thing.

If I do it at home I could invite more people, the thing is my in-laws live with me (I might make this work, I can talk to them). I’m not gonna cook though ‘cause I don’t want troubles (I don’t like cooking :p). But I’m thinking to just go somewhere and do a sit-down breakfast/lunch/dinner. It will be a weekend thing where I hope everyone can make it.

Thanks for listening :)

posted about 2 years ago
lindajudour
Style_council
lindajudour

It actually depends on how your friends are, I mean if your friends are very social, then its absolutely fine to invite them all at the same time without the need to babysit a group. I mean I feel like there could be a gap of awkwardness due to the difference in age group. And if you’re not close to the others, you shouldn’t have to feel obligated to invite them. They shouldn’t feel offended because like you said, you guys aren’t that close. If you don’t mind doing different activities for the different age groups, you can have one at home and another at a restaurant. You can pair off the friends in their 30s and 40s. And for the 20’s have a different one because they’re more likely to want to have a real good time. Hope this helps!

posted about 2 years ago

FakeBlikeu
Style_council
FakeBlikeu

I think you can take them to different places.

posted almost 2 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION