Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
lindajudour
Style_council
lindajudour

I was never the type to think exes can remain friends. However, I have a lot of mutual friends with my ex and I see him more often than I need to. It’s been nearly over a year and we never had closure, and when I saw him flirt with another girl, I was a bit upset.

What are the best ways to cope with an ex?

posted over 1 year ago
purplewang
Style_council
purplewang

That’s a tough one. If I were you, I’d look at the brighter side of things: he is moving on and trying to be happy. You should try to be happy for him and then focus on yourself: get some new hobbies, date new people, meet new people, work on your career. If it still bothers you to see him flirting with another girl even while you’re focusing on yourself, then you should maybe cut your ties for a while.

posted over 1 year ago

FakeBlikeu
Style_council
FakeBlikeu

Be friendly, but don’t cross the line.

posted over 1 year ago

deborah08
Style_council
deborah08

I got out of a three year relationship with my ex and I didn’t want to be his friend either. Like you, we built up a lot of mutual friends I since I thought it would be unfair for them to have to choose whose side to take (so to speak), I just went out and made more friends. Join a club, volunteer, and be around new people! Find another circle of friends. Be polite when you see him and leave it at that.

posted 12 months ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION