Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
olivia6
Style_council
olivia6

I mean the ones to show your whole outfit. I can never find a good space to take them, and when I get the whole outfit in, my body looks awkward, and not in a good way.
Any tips? Thanks guys! xx

posted about 5 years ago
superniknok
Style_council
superniknok

i’m having the same problem!

posted about 5 years ago

mindgames
Style_council
mindgames

I don’t know, I tend to hang my camera on a lamp and go stand in a corner of the room :p

As far as posing goes just do something natural. If it helps try not to look at the camera. Fix your skirt or play with your necklace maybe walk around a bit (as much as you can without going too much out of frame).

I hate keeping my head down in pictures but it sure does help make my body less awkward. (Cause I forget the camera’s even on & can’t see when it’s about to flash!)
I think it’s a good strategy until you (AND I) get more comfortable in front of a camera!

Hope this helps!

posted about 5 years ago

SpammishRice
Style_council
SpammishRice

^ That’s one of the funniest things I’ve read here — hanging a camera on a lamp? That’s ingenuity at it’s finest!

I have yet to take pictures of myself for this site, but I do take a lot of pictures of other people, so I’m not COMPLETELY void of experience. Though, by no means am I a professional. :)

One tip for camera placement if you’re going to be standing is height level — I’d say wherever you decide to place your camera (tabletop, dresser, a lamp haha), put it at about mid-torso level. Having it at the level of your head might give you the big-head-little-feet problem you see in a lot of paparazzi photos of celebrities. Though, the farther you place the camera, the less warped you’ll look. The farther the camera is, the more range you have for camera placement height.

Of course, you could always try sitting rather than standing — it’s an easy pose and you don’t have so much length to worry about fitting in the picture. The style gallery is full of creative posing; find inspiration there.

posted about 5 years ago

Ninahhh
Style_council
Ninahhh

go outside and have a friend take a picture for you!

posted about 5 years ago

mindgames
Style_council
mindgames

Hahaha I try!!
It’s the only thing that can adjust to different levels in my room!

posted about 5 years ago

New_user 52542 is new to Chictopia!

Make Her Feel Welcome with Chic Points
10 points - Become a fan
5 points - Vote her photos into the Style Gallery
1 point - Post a comment on her photos

When 52542 reaches 200 Chic Points, she will be in the Style Council!

This is what I do:

Instead of just standing there, try to do cool poses and stuff.
I have used weird places like my bathtub for example.
Try to use different scenery.

I use a camera with a timer and a tripod. That would definately do you best.
:]

I hope that helped somewhat

posted about 5 years ago

splashofcolour
Style_council
splashofcolour

My pictures aren’t perfect, but they’re better than when I started out on here. I rest the camera on an ironing board and use the self timer. The important thing for taking a decent picture though is good lighting. Natural lighting is best.

posted about 5 years ago

Bellalicious
Style_council
Bellalicious

great advice!

posted about 5 years ago

Vampira
Style_council
Vampira

ask friends who have pro cameras to do photoshoots with you lol me and my friends just dress up and take pictures sometimes

posted about 5 years ago

Vampira
Style_council
Vampira

ps and modeling for people who need to build there profile

posted about 5 years ago

sarawwr
Style_council
sarawwr

Well having only two photos on here, I can’t elaborate too much on what would be successful. However, from a photography point of view your image will require good focus – for this try natural lighting such as an outside location, or if you really must shoot inside use natural lighting and a steady surface such as a bookcase, wardrobe or windowsill. This means you won’t have to use flash which tends to (in my opinion) bastardize your photos by making you look half dead, not showing the true colours of clothing or sometimes causing unfocused pictures (this is often caused because of your distance to the camera i.e too close, but we’ll blame flash for now)

For getting your whole outfit in, place the camera at waist level to your body and stand a fair distance away, usually a good picture will never occur in one instance, but don’t worry as it doesn’t really matter how many attempts it takes to take a great photo! If you experiment with locations, body positions (consider looking to other chictopians you admire for body positions!) you will eventually find something that suits. If you do happen to not fit shoes into a picture, take another photo of just your feet, this gives people a better idea of the entire outfit and your personal style. I’m not sure if this helps, but hopefully so!

posted about 5 years ago

elizabethmd
Style_council
elizabethmd

I hang up blankets or curtains with cool or basic prints. I haven’t gone outside yet, so this gives a simple background without looking like you just took it next to your bed. Then I set up my camera on a stool, using books to give it the right height. I also set up a mirror behind it so I can see how I fit into the shot before my timer runs out.

posted about 5 years ago

deannasays
Style_council
deannasays

I sit my camera on a little table thing near our window, so it’s about thigh height, and I stand about 2 m’s back.
I usually lean to our side, or against my wall, to make me look taller because I’m verrryyyy short. xD
And I take a few, 10/15 and pick the one I don’t mind. It’s better to take a few, so you can try out different poses and lean what looks right for you etc.

posted almost 5 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION