Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
rainingpaperlilies
Style_council
rainingpaper...

So I was wondering if anybody else had gone through a similar situation. The thing is, I was (and am being) raised in Miami and up until about a year ago wasn’t aware that there were any other outfit possibilities for daily life beyond preppy (AF, HCO, AE, etc) polo + frayed skintight denim + flip flops, or jersey item + calf length leggings + cheesy ballet flats. So I’ve been kind of undergoing a style transition as gradually as possible to avoid scaring my friends, and I’m hoping Chictopia can help me with that :)
Who else has gone through or is going through something like this…?

posted over 5 years ago
mskonhovd
Style_council
mskonhovd

I live in AZ and am going through the same thing! But I think that anyone from any state can relate from some point in their life…
One thing I can say is that if you don’t even step foot in the store (hollister for example) you will miss it less and less for look forward to making your own style creations

posted over 5 years ago

theradiatorhums
Style_council
theradiatorhums

hey i live in key west (about 3 hours away from miami :) ) & know exactly what you are talking about. but here it’s more of a chonga (gah, really not meant to insult anyone; it’s just the style down here) look or the whole prepster apparel.
i’m going through the same thing you are (i was a yucky jean & gross tshirt kind of gal), & aspire to dress appropriately for my bodytype (& of course, fashionable)
you’re doing a great job though. i love your pictures:)

posted over 5 years ago

rainingpaperlilies
Style_council
rainingpaper...

this is delayed, but thanks!
sucks though, cause since the economy is kind of jahlkdjahskj flailing right now i can’t exactly afford some of the things i want. ah well, more room for improv i suppose.

posted over 5 years ago

twiceluxvintage
Style_council
twiceluxvintage

I live in miami too! It really sucks, but I dont let it get to me. You just have to forget what everyone else wheres and wear what you want to wear ;)

posted over 5 years ago

plummy
Style_council
plummy

Hahaha! I live in Palmetto. So we’re like Miami, only smaller and even worse. My friedns get all excited when they go to Miami because they think the style is amazing… I just like to go to Goodwill. That excites me. lol. Florida is funny.

posted over 5 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION