Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
curvesfordays
Style_council
curvesfordays

Hi! I am new to Chictopia and I NEED HELP! I don’t have a bad style but I am trying to improve my style and stay on top of fashion and such. I am curvaceous, some may say hour glass… I am not so sure. I have nice big booty (lol), big chest and a little gut… that i am working on… and i have thick thighs… HELP ME.
I want to know where to shop and how to put things together for back to school. I want to know what would look good on me… and would not.

How would I go about improving my style and such.

posted almost 4 years ago
boredstephanie
Style_council
boredstephanie

Hello! welcome to chictopia =D I can’t give you much help as I am far from curvy but you should check out the chictopians with your body shape and see what looks good on them!

Style_Composer
Style_council
Style_Composer

I agree w. boredstephanie. By filling out my body type and measurements, I actually found people who are over 70% like me!
I believe the best thing to improve your style is to feel confident w. ur body and the choices to complement it. That is why 2 people can wear the same dress and accessories but look and feel different.
I have thick thighs too but i also have muscly calfs. So, I can still wear straight and skinny jeans, which looks almost the same on me.
U can send me a note on my profile any time, since this post is gettin long haha.

curvesfordays
Style_council
curvesfordays

@ Style_Composer: I have the same kind of legs!! Because i take dance my calves are muscular. Its weird…
To the rest I guess i will. I love this site and i want to know ways that can be affordable and reasonable for me to improve my style. The more I research the more I learn that everyone and anyone can be stylish.

Thanks for the advices! More are welcomed!

carizzachua
Style_council
carizzachua

welcome here! i have chunky calves haha and what I do is to search here for my similar body shape.

curvesfordays
Style_council
curvesfordays

I look at ppl like me and it is hard because everyone here has great style but knowing how to emulate it is sooo hard! Gah. Some one gave me this site. But most of this stuff is not in style… It is but not really. I want something unique but fits in… I’m weird…

Style_Composer
Style_council
Style_Composer

I see what you mean. The people here seem to be very artistic and/or style by emotion.
How bout trying one piece that you KNOW looks good on you. U know, the piece that makes you say, “Man, I look good.” and then add somethin trendy. If the piece you love is a unique piece, add somethin trendy.
It could be as small as a accessory or awesome bottoms.

insheepsclothes
Style_council
insheepsclothes

i’m curvy too, and have a short torso, so it’s a challenge for me to look tall and slim.

the hardest lesson for me to learn was to dress for my body type, instead of forcing myself to fit into what was in the magazines this month. because of my short torso, i wear a lot of belts or things with cinched waists to differentiate my bustline from my hips. i stay away from loose, billowy fabrics because they can make me look square. structured clothing definitely suits me. then, i accessorize with a fun shoe or belt or jewelry added onto basic pieces to make an outfit stand out.

a lot of personal style, too is going with your gut. if it doesn’t feel good on you, don’t wear it! :-)

insheepsclothes.com

curvesfordays
Style_council
curvesfordays

You guys are amazing!

ANOTHER THING:I am going to Hard NYC and I want to know what is good night wear. Something with wedges b/c I don’t wanna wear heels to a standing concert.

Any suggestions?

TobiasLuciaStarr
Style_council
TobiasLuciaS...

“i’m curvy too, and have a short torso, so it’s a challenge for me to look tall and slim.

the hardest lesson for me to learn was to dress for my body type, instead of forcing myself to fit into what was in the magazines this month. because of my short torso, i wear a lot of belts or things with cinched waists to differentiate my bustline from my hips. i stay away from loose, billowy fabrics because they can make me look square. structured clothing definitely suits me. then, i accessorize with a fun shoe or belt or jewelry added onto basic pieces to make an outfit stand out."

I agree. I’m the same way. I have hips and a chest and I’ve learned that belts are my friend.

curvesfordays
Style_council
curvesfordays

I am slowly learning that also. I love to wear big shirt, like men t-shirt, and I put a a belt around my waist and I am good to go. It gives my body shape and a whole different look.

REPLY TO DISCUSSION