Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
Sorcha
Style_council
Sorcha

I haven’t got around to introducing myself yet.

So hello everyone, I’m Sorcha and I’m a 17 year old student from Galway in the West of Ireland.

I like fashion a lot and have a very slight (ha!) shoe and clothing obsession. My wardrobes (all three of them) are full to bursting. It also doesn’t help that I’m a hoarder, and live by the philosophy of ‘if it fits, keep it’, fashion is cyclical so there’s no point in throwing anything away, right? Even those Yeti boots I bought when I was 12 and the ripped netting tops and combats from my pre-teen years. Everytime I think ‘right, binbag, it’s all going to oxfam’, I realise that if I throw this stuff away I’m throwing away memories. So I hope that by using Chictopia and taking photos of my outfits and clothing I can not only get a better idea of how to wear my clothes well, but also keep a digital version of my clothes, so when the time comes I can let go of them and not worry about letting go of memories.

Anyway, enough of this long-winded sentimental stuff. I have been on Chictopia for a while but have only posted a couple of outfits before now. I’m going to try to do this more often, but my camera is a little bit dodgy and I don’t own a tripod so taking photos of myself is a bit difficult. It usually involves looping my camera strap around one of the posts of my bunkbed or balancing it on a stack of books, hitting the timer and hoping for the best. :(

I’ll stop typing now, promise.

posted over 5 years ago
woohoo
Style_council
woohoo

I am the SAME way.
I have strangely good memories so I remember faces + names too well. It gets embarrassing recognizing this person and that person doesnt recognize me. haha
So clothes too, I remember where I bought them who I was with, etc.

Also, I always end up regretting when I throw away stuff.
“..I am going to wear that jacket today. Oh sh*t, I threw that away…”

So I decided not to throw away anything, LOL

posted over 5 years ago

backseat5am
Style_council
backseat5am

My mom always made me clear out my dresser, but now I can’t even remember what I gave away! I guess you just get used to it. I cleared out 4 bags of stuff this xmas break.

posted over 5 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION