Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
slyonthewall
Style_council
slyonthewall

My name’s Sonia, and I guess I’ve been obsessed with fashion ever since I was little- raiding my mum’s wardrobe putting on her jewelry and make-up, dressing up in high heels that never fit and carrying a hand bag…all from at least the age of about 4. My favourite shoes were a pair of blue platforms (when I was 7 yrs old) and I never took them off.

I love this site…finally a place where I can look at pictures of clothes and talk about them. Even though I love fashion I sometimes feel that others may think its very superficial (or that I’m superficial). To me, dressing is about feeling excited about the day ahead- wearing clothes that make me feel good,playing with colour and texture, experimenting with different looks.

And eventually I’ll have to find a way to post some pictures (my partner is a bit reluctant to take some photos for me) so how and when I’m not sure.

x

posted almost 4 years ago
berealbehappy
Style_council
berealbehappy

Here there! welcome to Chictopia

shootingstar
Style_council
shootingstar

welcome to chictopia

xanjelix
Style_council
xanjelix

welcome Sonia :)

magali
Style_council
magali

Hi Sonia! Love what you wrote. It’s pretty much the same with me, my mom thinks fashion is superficial & fashionable people are shallow. So I suppressed the urge to be fashionable. But a few months ago I ‘came out of the closet’ (fashion closet haha) & I’m so happy to be here. If you’d like to post your first outfit pics, you can rummage through the photos on your computer… there’s bound to be some old picture which showcases an outfit & you can post that. And about photos… I know the feeling of not having anybody who’s game to take your photo. A tripod always helps :)
Welcome & hope you have loads of fun! :D

val_d
Style_council
val_d

hi sonia….welcome…i like what you wrote, i think the same thing….(also my partner is a bit reluctant to take some photos for me….they are all the same :) )

emerita
Style_council
emerita

hello sonia!

Amypkc
Style_council
Amypkc

I’m new too! and wasn’t sure about posting my looks at first… that’s why my profile pic is a wedding pic. hahaha cuz i LOVED the “bride-look”. But I finally got up the guts to complete my first post today. There are so many fabulous looks out there! And it’s all very inspiring! How often do you post?

trinnah
Style_council
trinnah

Hi Sonia! It’s nice to see someone who is so passionate about fashion. I used to dress up in my sister’s shoes even though they were way too big for me and act like I was a beauty queen when I was younger. Now that I recall, she actually made me because I was a bit of a tomboy, but I think that’s what made me love fashion now.

I definitely know what you mean in the second paragraph. I always have people in my life, community, or surroundings who make comments about how I dress. Chictopia is like an escape from that because people actually feel the same way we do, and they actually appreciate how much effort it takes to put together a “laid-back yet chic” outfit. Lol.

I love what you wrote, and don’t worry, my husband wasn’t all that receptive at first, but after a while, they’ll get used to it that it won’t take long to take pictures and he’ll do it without any complaints. :) Also, just in case he’s grumpy, I got a tripod. :) You should too!

Well, take care!

christinaaa
Style_council
christinaaa

Welcome! :D

REPLY TO DISCUSSION