Forum
SEARCH FORUM:
Facebook
Twitter
Googleplus
owlinatree
Style_council
owlinatree

Hi there. I’m Amanda and I just turned 19.
I’ve never taken fashion seriously or put too much thought into the way I dress. I spend most of time at home in my PJ’s playing piano, reading, or browsing the internet. I’m a senior in high school, but I wear a uniform so I don’t have think about what I’m wearing.
I didn’t consciously think of new year’s resolutions this year but dressing in a way that better presents myself just kind of took hold of me this past week.
This site has been great for inspiration. I’ve always been the type who knows what style I like, but never actually wore it. From nothing ever fitting, to low self-esteem, or just not wanting to waste money on material things, I’ve always dressed rather drab and never had an open mind at stores. In fact, before this year I hated shopping.
This year that changes. I’ve already gone to thrift stores this week and found great items that I never would have worn before even though I may have thought someone else could pull them off. I’m finding out that I can pull them off even if I’m short and of a fuller build. The clothes that stores offer in my area aren’t great generally. I find much more that I like at the Salvation Army than anywhere else, but that has just made me realize that I need to learn to sew. I mean, I’m not over 5’2’’ so it should have dawned on me by now, but better late than never.

But yeah, I’ve found some great chictopians already that have shown me that I can look great even if I don’t look like a model so I plan to stay on this site to encourage myself to take the extra effort of dressing in a way that says I care.
Okay, I’m done rambling away.

Peace.

posted almost 5 years ago
donnarae
Style_council
donnarae

can u share with me who those chictopians are? most i see are sliiiiiiiiiiiim.

dallison
Style_council
dallison

hey. I am Devon. I am 25, and I wish I were more fashionable. I love the examples of everyone’s creativity that I have been browsing through the past few months. I have bursts of creativity now and again, but I don’t feel I have a strong enough wardrobe to dress as cool as I want to every single day. So thanks for the ideas of how to do it with what I have, folks!

REPLY TO DISCUSSION