style_monster
Style_council
style_monster

I love fashion
I havent currently found my style yet
But can you say your kind of mixed cause I love all types
the bad girl, preppy, vintage
But I’m more of a vintage and preppy girl
I don’t wear makeup mainly cause I don’t like it much and I don’t know how to put it on
but yeah
Im Brittany Im 16 and currently a Junior in highschool

I have a quuestion though how do you find your own style
and how are you not afraid of what others stay
I plan to make a complete fashion change my senior year so people can see the new me

posted over 4 years ago
ZoyaM
Style_council
ZoyaM

That’s so nice.
I’m new too. And make up is so yucky sometimes and I don’t know how to put it on either!!
HAHA

About the how are you not afraid of what people might say, it’s kind of hard. But you seriously when people realize that you have a lot of guts and don’t give a shit what they say about you they come to have some sort of weird twisted admiration for you. No joke, people at school think I’m crazy for wearing heels or like furry hats and hats that have like stuffed bears on it. >.<

All girls want to dress crazy or funky sometimes and you shouldn’t be afraid. I mean sometimes there are some hits like when i used to wear bright neon green pants with bright red jackets but the only one who really remembers in the end is yourself and you still have a million cute outfits to wear every other day.

And you know at the end of the day, it’s high school. Your going to leave anyways. And so you shouldn’t care at all. :D

posted over 4 years ago

ElerineMcMurry
Style_council
ElerineMcMurry

HELLO, BEING DIFFERENT IS WHAT MAKE YOU STYLISH. the DARE CLOTHING IS WHAT SET YOUR TREND. BEING VERSATILE IS THE KEY. YOU NEVER WANT TO HAVE THE SAME LOOK. DIFFERENT CLOTHING AND ACCESSORIES BRINGS OUT DIFFERENT TONES AND MAY ENHANCE YOUR POSITIVE FEATURES. clothing SET YOUR PERSONALITY. every One RATHER THEY BELIEVE IT OR NOT DRESS ACCORDING TO HOW THEY FEEL. SO ENJOY AND CHALLENGE YOUR SELF TO CHANGE.

posted over 4 years ago

ElectricBash
Style_council
ElectricBash

I don’t have that much to add, but I think the key to wearing whatever you want is comfort in it and confidence in yourself. Because if you love how you’re looking in it, and you love how it feels, and you’ll already be heading down the right path as far as confidence goes.

The other part of it is, if people have something to say tell them “Shove it, you tool.”

:)

posted over 4 years ago

JessyHEARTS
Style_council
JessyHEARTS

I’m about the same age as you, and I’m going/went through the same thing. I was so worked up and confussed. But I came to Chictopia too and just looked around, that then led me onto different fahion websites/blogs and I began to see what styles I like and what styles I knew wouldn’t suit me. I also looked on youtube (for make-up and stuff) and googled quite alot of famous people whose style I liked.

So if you do that, maybe it’ll work for you too. Also, just wear what you feel happy in and it won’t matter what others think. I know this is going to sound cheesy, but no matter what outfit you wear, as long as you put on a smile, you’ll feel amazing – people will think you will too!
Hope this is helpful xx

posted over 4 years ago

theguiltyhyena
Style_council
theguiltyhyena

All great advice from the above, I think also, never make dressing up or styling feel like a chore always have fun!

posted over 4 years ago
REPLY TO DISCUSSION